Part 12

"Disrespect me one more time," he said as he pointed his wand at me "Do you understand?"

I shook my head yes as he walked away. Mother came running to me,

"Are you ok, dear"

"No, does it look like I'm ok mother?" I stumbled out the words as I choked on my blood.

"Come, Emerald," she said as she helped me off the ground

"What did I say about helping her?!" Came to fathers voice storming in and pointing his wand at mother.

"Don't hurt her, hurt me" I said to him as he turned his wand towards me

"Crucio," he said before a light came my way and the pain took over my body. The searing pain of feeling like you being stung by a thousand wasp at one time. My painful screams took echoed through the whole house.

"Emerald, Emerald!" I woke up shaking and saw Daphne looking over me, I looked around and saw a cup of water by the side of my bed. I drank the whole cup and realized I was sweating and shaking.

"You need to tell me about these nightmares you keep having," she said to me as she sat on the end of the bed.

"It's nothing" I grumbled as I sat my head upon the headboard

"Well you're going to wake the whole Slytherin dorms with your screaming, actually I think you already have," she said as knocking came from outside the door. Daphne walked over to the door with me still in bed and opened the door.

"Is she ok?" Said Draco as he walked in the room with nothing but his plaid pajama shorts on.

"I'm fine, just go back to bed," I said

"Your having nightmares, it's not fine," he said

"Just go, I'm fine Draco," I said as I put the blanket over my body and laid there waiting for him to go. I waited until the door closed, I heard Daphne's bedsprings squeak so that meant she was in bed and the candles were blown out. The rest of the night I laid looking at the ceiling, I was too afraid, to be honest. Too afraid to relive those dreadful memories of being tortured by my father.

         The next morning, I didn't have to wake up, I was already awake. I got dressed and walked down to the common room, people stopped and whispered as I walked past. Miles came up to me,

"Hey, I heard screaming last night, you ok?"

"Yes, Miles I'm ok," I said as I started walking away, but he grabbed my wrist.

"Are you sure?" He said as I looked down at his arm

"Why do you always wear sleeves, it's 90 degrees outside?" I looked into his eyes and saw his emotion change.

"I get cold," he said before dropping my wrist and walking away. I need to talk to one person, Riddle.
I walked through the boys' dormitory's as they looked at me awkwardly, probably wondering what I was doing in here. I walked towards Draco's dorm about to open the door when I saw that Riddle's name was removed. I decided to keep walking until I spotted a gold name place with Mattheo Riddle on it, of course, he transferred to his dormitory. I knocked but nobody answered, I decided to walk in and Mattheo was, of course, reading a book.

"What do you want?" He asked

"Is Miles Bletchley a Death Eater?" I stared at him

"Why would you ask that?" He closed his book and started walking towards me

"I have my theories"

"Well he isn't so if you will get out of my room"

"How do I know I can trust you?"

"You don't know Blackwood, now get out," he said before looking at me and nodding his head towards the door.

If Miles isn't a Death Eater then what is he? I guess there's only one thing, follow him. After dinner, I watched him go in front of the Fat Lady Portrait and wait. He looked around before Harry came out of the portrait and they talked. It looked like it was a very important discussion because they would stop talking if anyone came past them or look around to try to spot a single soul lurking in the shadows. I was about to walk away, but then Harry gave Miles a vile of potion and Miles took it in one single shot. One thing sure about Miles Bletchley, you can't trust him.

I made my way back to the common room,

"Where were you," said Mattheo, more as a command than a question

"None of your business," I said trying to block out my mind quickly

"You followed Bletchley," he said,

"Your not allowed to go through my mind Riddle"

"That doesn't stop you, what'd you find," he said as he closed his book, I need to tell somebody

"He was with Potter, Potter gave him a vile"

"What color"

"Black"

"Death Potion," he said before sitting back down and reopening his book

"How do you know?"

"I grew up around that potion"

"What does it do?"

"Look it up in a book, you need to read more"

"I do read, in my room"

"What books?"

"Muggle Books," I said before he scoffed

"Where'd you get them?"

"In the library, Hermione recommended them," I said very proudly

"You take recommendations from that mudblood, the girl who's best friends with the boy who tried to kill you?"

"Just because she's friends with Harry doesn't mean anything, I'm friends with a lot of people but I don't tell them my task, she isn't a mudblood either"

"You see the good in people way too much, and she is a mudblood, do you even know the blood types"

"Yes I do but don't call her a mudblood, she's a witch just like me"

"Why should I listen to you?"

"Because I could cook you over a fire," I said before standing up and seeing what he was reading.

"You have to be kidding me," I said with shock in my voice

"I thought you were leaving" he mumbled

"Your reading a muggle book" I pointed out towards him

"No I'm not," he said trying to hide the book

"Romeo and Juliet is a muggle book and not just a muggle book a romantic muggle book," I said to him

"I saw it in the library, didn't know it was filth," he said before throwing it on the table. I smiled then started walking towards the steps.

"Goodnight, Romeo" I smirked

"Goodnight, Blackwood," he said

"I'll get you to say it one day," I told him

"Today isn't one day"

I looked back at him and saw him reaching for the book then scrambling to find his page again. I smiled to myself, Mattheo Riddle just made me smile.