Part 35

I woke up with Mattheo's arms wrapped around me, I started to get up when he pulled me tighter into his chest.

"Don't leave me" he whispered

"Never," I said laying back down and running my fingers through his curls. He sat up with his back on the headboard as he made me lay my head on his chest twirling my hair throughout his fingers.

"I will never let anyone or anything hurt you" he whispered as he tilted my head up with his fingers.

"Mattheo?" I asked

"Yes, love," he said softly

"Will there be a war soon?" I asked him as he kissed me delicately

"Don't ask a question you already know the answer to" he said pulling away from the kiss and running his hands through my hair again.

I walked through the halls heading to the Great Hall as Snape has declared all students to make their way towards the Great Hall. I stood with the Slytherin house as they all whispered discreetly about Harry Potter in the castle.

"Silence!" Yelled Snape "there's has been a rumor, famous Harry Potter is to be seen in the castle, if I find out any of you are protecting him, you will be expelled," he said looking at all the students, I felt a pull on my robe sleeve and was pulled into a corner.

"You have to leave" whispered Draco

"What? Why?"

"The war, go far away Emerald, just promise me," he said tears filling his eyes

"Draco, I can fight, that's what I'm here for," I said wiping his tears

"No, no, The Dark Lord has plans, you have to leave," he said rushing his words, we heard glass shattering and when I turned around I saw Potter and The Order of the Phoenix behind him. I turned back to speak to Draco but he was gone.

Students hustled throughout the hallways in panic, I had hidden in a corner because the Slytherins were taken to the dungeons.

Pansy Parkinson POV

I stand in the dungeon yelling at the filthy Squib, Slytherins all around me worrying. Part of me wants to believe they sent us down here for protection but really, and truly, they sent us down here because they didn't want us to see our parents, fighting and dying.

Emerald POV

I ran searching for Mattheo, he left me. The moment I needed him he left me.

Mattheos POV

I stand beside my father as he looks down at Hogwarts. This is where it ends, this is where all trust is betrayed, this is where children fight for their life. All of this is where people show their true colors.

"You know what to do," said Father, I shook my head signaling 'yes'.

Emerald POV

I ran trying to find Daphne until I heard a crash, The Death Eaters. I ran even harder storming through the common room until I saw her sitting on the stairs in tears.

"He, he left me," she said looking up

"He left me too," I said hugging her

"You won't leave me?" She asked

"Never," I said smoothing her hair, how can I sit here acting all fine when my Romeo left me? My Romeo left me and probably is dead right now. How come anything I try to do, always becomes shit? Is it me, or is it just everyone else?

"Let's go kill," she said standing up with her wand in her shaking hand

"The Killer Duo?" I asked smiling with tears in my eyes

"Of course, don't cry we'll be alright," she said hugging me, I wasn't crying because I was afraid of dying, I'm already dead. I'm crying because I know I'll die tonight, Voldemort resurrected me so he's connected to me. If he dies, I die, that's the only way the wizarding world will be safe, if he dies. If that means I have to lose my Romeo, my best friend, and books, then I have already surrendered.