{33} Wild Cat: part two

Y/N would like to say that when she woke up it was bit by bit, peaceful, slow, calm... whatever.
But it wasn't; torn from her sleep by blinding pain and the agonisingly familiar stretching of her bones, Y/N could recognise when her own body was shifting.

Jolting awake with a breathless yelp, Y/N bolted upwards, the thin sheet that covered her naked body pooling at her waist. Calming from her breathless state, Y/N assessed her situation as Vince had taught her; she was lying, naked, in a bed she didn't recognise, with just a thin sheet to cover her. The bed was big enough that it could hold her when she shifted- which was evidently something she had been doing to try and heal herself subconsciously.

Her bed was surrounded by a billowing curtain, shielding her from prying eyes, and she was still alone even after all her grunting and yells after she shifted and woke up.
Gathering from that, Y/N was willing to bet that she'd been touch-and-go for a while there, and that her healing trance shifts had become a regular occurrence for everyone to be so used to it.

Suddenly, her enhanced hearing could pick up the soft patter of footsteps approaching- realising she was sitting in bed with her chest bare, Y/N clutched the sheet up to her neck.

"Y/N? Are you awake yet?" A somewhat familiar voice called through the partition curtain.

"Come in." Y/N's voice was tender and soft with sleep, yet rough with the ache of disuse.

The swooshing of fabric announced the entry of a figure Y/N struggled to name.
She was tall, with fiery red hair and hazel eyes, carrying a stethoscope and some bandages.

Right- Dr Symons, or Nancy as she insisted everyone call her. And from the basket of supplies in her arm, Y/N could gather what she was here for.

Gently, Y/N grazed her fingers across the bloody bandage which encased her shoulder.
"It's good to see you awake, your family was getting worried. I take it you know what I'm here for?" Nancy's voice was friendly and teasing.

Nodding, Y/N moved over on the bed to allow the doctor room to sit.
"When you say 'my family', you mean...?"

Nancy's eyes sparked as she removed the soiled bandage from Y/N's shoulder, her methodical movements aged with practice.
"I mean the man you view as a father, and the boys who have been driven out of their minds because they couldn't visit you."

"They couldn't visit me?" Y/N's eyebrows scrunched together.

"Your shifts were violent, Vince was scared you could hurt someone by accident, or they could hurt you if they tried to help. And he didn't know if you wanted them to know or not." Nancy spoke as she wrapped a clean bandage around the healing wound.

Y/N sighed, "I think it's a bit too late for that, Thomas isn't very good at keeping secrets."

Falling into a peaceful silence, Nancy worked while Y/N thought. The quiet was nice, with the only sounds being the flapping fabric which surrounded them, and the distant voices giving orders.
Then Y/N remembered what they were doing attacking that train in the first place- Minho.
She had to go see him, find out what they were going to do now that her best friend was back.

"There- all done. When you're ready to leave, there's a fresh set of clothes in that cupboard and your boyfriend left one of his coats for you to wear. Said it was to do with Vince losing your favourite jumper."