{16} Glade Gift: part five *Alternative Ending*

Emilia's POV
"Dad! Can I go to Uncle Minho's? He said I could come over and help him set up the bonfire for tonight!!" Emilia yelled up to their room.

"Yes!" He laughed back, "But be home on time!"

"Obviously." She whispers sarcastically to the air.

Ever since Y/N had gotten pregnant, Newt had been extremely worried and overprotective. For Emilia, this meant more curfews than ever- even though they had finally reached their Safe Haven. Their happy ending.

She began the walk over to Minho's. After 4 years here, he had finally married Charlotte, a girl he had met in the Safe Haven. They were both as sarcastic and witty as each other, and shared a deep trust and understanding.

Still, Emilia felt a little bit sick every time she saw them kiss. After all, for a 10 year old, she could barely handle the sight of Y/N and Newt kissing, two people she thought of as almost parent figures.
Arriving at their door, she grinned as Minho threw it open and grabbed her up high, swinging her onto his shoulders for a piggy back ride.
"Hey, Kiddo! Newtie finally let you come?"

"Yup!"

"Good. We have a lot of work to do, and what would I do without you to do all the heavy lifting?" He laughed up at her, heading towards the beach to build the bonfire.

"Probably die." She closed her eyes and sagely nodded. Minho simply laughed at her.
"Where's Auntie Lottie?" She interrogated him.

Lottie was Emilia's nickname for her Aunt Charlotte, something she had bestowed upon her after several failed attempts at the long name.
Minho explained that she was busy helping to cook dinner.

Arriving at the beach, Minho set her down and allowed her to run amuck and cause chaos as he carried dense logs from the shoreline to a pile in the middle of the golden sand.
Every so often, through her haze of havoc, Emilia would manage to sprint over and drop some dry twigs and kindling at his feet- useful materials to help start the fire. However, she would never stay too long before shooting off again, zooming around probably looking for cute animals, or other people to befriend.

They spent the entire afternoon on the beach.

Y/N's POV
"Dad! Can I go to Uncle Minho's? He said I could come over and help him set up the bonfire for tonight!!" Emilia yelled up to their shared room.

Laying beside Newt, she laughed as she heard her. Hearing her husband groan as he woke up to yell back a "Yes! But be home on time!", Y/N knew that her Bunny was probably giving some sort of sarcastic reply under her breath.

Rolling over was a difficult task with her ever-growing belly, but somehow Y/N managed it. Newt grabbed her hands and helped pull her onto her feet, guiding her off the bed.
"How much work do you think she'll actually be doing?" He raised his eyebrows sleepily.

"Literally none." A smile escaped Y/N's lips.
As they moved to get ready for the day, Y/N spoke: "You did hear what she said right?"

"Most of it, yeah. Why?"

"So you didn't hear what she called you?" Y/N smirked at him.

He grew suspicious and tilted his head at her, "No...? Why?"

"She called you 'dad'." Y/N kissed his forehead and left him standing gobsmacked in the middle of their shared bedroom.

As she walked downstairs, intent on helping out with the kitchens or scavengers for the day, she heard a joyous Newt yell out a "YES!".

He had been trying to get his little girl to call him that for the past 5 years, and here she just let it slip by accident, and it took his wife to point it out. A happy grin spread like wildfire across his lips and joy crinkled his eyes.
Y/N shook her head and giggled.

~time skip~

Newt's POV
Sitting at the bonfire, Newt felt well earned peace.

The love of his life had agreed to marry him months ago, and now his wife sat securely inside of his arms, resting her head on his chest as she stared happily at the fire. He kissed her temple, softly saying "I love you."
She was obviously used to his random outbursts of affection as she replied with a simple "I love you too."

Rubbing his hand over her swollen belly, Newt thought of his little baby- the soon to be born addition to their little family. He smiled nervously as he felt a kick. Newt thought it was going to be a baby girl, but Y/N was betting on a boy. They had even thought of names for each gender: Lily for a girl, and Eli for a boy.
Emilia was just excited for a younger sibling to care for.

Emilia had escaped through so much with them, and was now running around the Safe Haven, as happy as any girl her age should be.
And to top it all off, she had even called him 'Dad'. When he had told Thomas and Brenda they had congratulated him with hugs and laughter.
Brenda and Thomas were soon to be married, and Newt was happy for them.
All his friends and family were finally together, safe and happy.

The future was bright and inviting...
They were finally ready to live.