{20} You're My What? *AU*

"Hey sweetie, how you feeling?" Y/N asked her drowsy husband as she stroked his hair.
Even lying in the hospital bed with groggy eyes and bed hair, Y/N still felt lucky to have such a handsome husband.

"Hello?" His slurred voice came through, evidence of the drugs still rushing through his system.

"Hey Newt. The doctors said you might still be out of it for a while, how you feeling?"

Confused puppy wyes gazed at her, "Who are you? You're pretty."

His fuddled speech was the funniest thing Y/N had heard all week: "I'm Y/N. Your wife. You're in hospital because you needed a minor surgery, but you'll be fine now."

"You're my what?!" He shot up, trapped in the bed sheets with shock and awkward limbs.

"Your wife, darling." Y/N could barely contain her grin at him.

"No way! That's so cool! Hey, Doctor!" He called a doctor over, confusing Y/N, "Doctor!"

"Yes sir? Is everything okay?"

"Look at this absolute beaut!" Newt beckoned a laughing doctor to lean towards him, whispering loudly into his ear: "That gorgeous woman is my wife!! How cool is that?!" He pointed to Y/N over his shoulder.

Newt leaned back into the pillows and nodded at his statement as if he had produced some ground breaking formula to cure cancer.

The Doctor nodded and looked at Y/N as he spoke, "Very cool indeed, my friend."
This time he was talking to Y/N: "He won't remember any of this, don't worry."

"Oh, don't you worry: I won't let him forget it."
A mischievous grin smoothed across her face as the Doctor laughed and walked away.