{27} Showering Surprises

Ok, so just pretend the glade had normal showers for this mkay xx

When the blinding sunlight flooded the previously midnight black box, the girl flinched. Cowering back on the floor, she felt her body shaking as she used her quivering hand to shield her eyes.

"Hey, Greenie!" A chorus of yells blasted her.

"Reckon this one's gonna vomit too?" A sneering voice asked.

"Like you're one to talk Robbie, you nearly klunked your pants. Nah, I bet this one's a fainter." A deep voice snorted.

"Greenie! Hey, Hey Greenie! Remember your name yet?" Another voice called.

Her mind spinning from the cacophony of questions, the girl shook her head.
What the hell was going on? First she wakes up in a rising metal cage, only to realise she couldn't even remember her own name, and now this?

"Everyone step back!" A commanding voice ordered, surprisingly demanding considering the lanky boy it came from.
The blonde haired boy turned to the taller one beside him, "I've got this one Alby."

"I said step back!" He yelled again, this time snapping at a rowdy clump of boys in particular.

Eventually, with the taller boy- who's name was apparently Alby- controlling the gathered crowds, the blonde boy jumped down into the box.

"Hey Shank. Welcome to the Glade."

~time skip~

Y/N's arrival was one week ago.
She knew what this place was now, she knew that no one knew why or how they were there, and she also knew that no one knew how to get out.

What the other Gladers didn't know about her, simply put was they thought she was just another guy.

Coming up from the box with shoulder length hair, baggy fitting clothes and not an inch of skin on display except for her dirtied face, they all just assumed her to be a slightly feminine version of themselves.
Not that she was complaining- after all, what girl wouldn't be nervous in a Maze of 50 or so teenagers, with a ratio of 1 girl to 50 boys.
So, instead of correcting them, she simply took the good fortune and used it to her advantage.

And when she remembered her name, she gave them a fake one- Chris.

She didn't even like that name.

But after a week, she had gotten to know them, gaining their trust and respect as they gained hers.
She wasn't really sure why she hadn't come clean yet, there was no real reason not to other than awkward embarrassment, but even she knew that would pass soon enough.

Tonight, she thought, I'll come clean tonight. Tell them quickly, laugh with them for a bit and shrug off the embarrassment like I totally don't care even though I totally do...
Easy. Yep.

But sitting down at the table to eat beside her friends, Y/N couldn't even build up the courage to speak. Something Minho found a bit odd:
"Hey Chris, what the klunk is going on with you? You're all mopy-looking, like you ate your pet fish by accident or somethin'."

Glaring at him, Y/N said "No, Minho, I didn't eat Brian. You know I'd never do that to him, no matter how much extra food Frypan offers me. I'm just not feeling up to much tonight, might go to bed early."

Eyebrows furrowed with worry, Newt tried to laugh it off, "'Go to bed early'? Who are you and what have you done with Chris?!"

Sighing at hearing Newt say that stupid name, Y/N's frustration grew: "Look, I'm just not ok right now, leave me alone for a while, okay? I'm sorry." She muttered at the end.