{14} Glade Gift: part four

A/N: I tried something completely new for this, so sorry if it's not great. Hope you enjoy Xx

Y/N's POV
The idea for Minho to babysit Emilia for the night had been a brilliant one- Newt and Y/N could have a night alone, in peace and without the watchfully innocent eyes of a young child.

After dropping many hints, the Builders, (under the instruction of Gally), had finally built Newt, Y/N and Emilia their own hut in the Deadheads; it was simple, nothing much but to them it was home.

The morning after, Y/N awoke to sunlight streaming into her eyes through the cracks in the walls. Lifting her head from Newt, she remembered the previous night with a simultaneously pure and loving smile. They had had their first quiet night for what felt like ages, with just the two of them talking like they used to and no rowdy boys or little girl interrupting them.

"Good morning, love." Newt spoke softly, smirking slightly as he held her to him.

"Good morning, blondie." Y/N replied as she ran her fingers through his fluffy hair.

With a soft peck on his lips, Y/N intended to get up for the day, only to be enticed into deepening the kiss. Smiling, she moved to straddle his hips only to feel the covers fall, and began to drag her shirt over her head- which just so happened to be the worst possible timing.

"Morning guys— WhAaATT?! AH! EECK NOPE! SORRY!" Thomas barged in through the front door, quickly realised what he had saw and proceeded to cover his eyes.

"THOMAS! WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?!" Newt yelled out in shock, swiftly pulling the covers up to hide Y/N and himself as she collapsed into him, hiding her face in his chest as her face burned with embarrassment.

"Sorry! I just wanted to let you know that Alby wanted you both. I didn't think you would still be... I mean we all sort of knew you'd be- uh- yeah- um, that, last night. I mean why else would you ask Minho to babysit? But, uh yeah- uhm... sorry. I'll go now."

"That would be my preference." Newt agreed with an overly dramatic grunt.

After Thomas left, Y/N came out of hiding.
No words were spoken, only a look shared. And the couple burst out laughing before beginning to get ready for the day.

~time skip~

Y/N's POV
It had been a week since their peaceful night together, and both her and Newt were back to their usual busy schedule. They didn't mind though, they loved their family, and the Glade was their home.

"Y/N?" Emilia spoke.

"Yes, Bunny?"

"Are you my moma?"

Emilia's question stopped Y/N's heart. She'd never thought about ever having to answer that question. But now she did, she wanted to do it honestly.

"No, sweetie, I'm not. Atleast not biologically," seeing the confusion in Emilia's eyes, Y/N continued, "but if you want me to be your moma for now, I'd be okay with that. Is that okay?"

"Yes... moma." The little girl said decisively.

With mixed emotions, Y/N gazed down at this little girl, who was now calling her mother. This would take a lot of getting used to.

Newt's POV
"Minho- Alby wants a debrief of your run today! Ben, could you give Fry a hand? He said something about dinner being complicated today. Oh, and Peter, could you-?" Newt dealt out his usual orders to the returning Runners before being interrupted.

"Newtie? Can Min-Min come play with me? Y/N is busy with Zarty-farty in the Gardens. And Chuckie is talking to Tommy again."
Emilia's cute voice chimed in, the sweetest form of a rude interruption.

Spinning around to answer her, Newt replied, "Sorry Bunny, but Min-Min is kinda busy right now, okay? I tell you what though, you go wait by the Medjack hut with Jeff, and I'll be right over to play with you. How does that sound?"
He widened his eyes and softened his voice, something he only did for his two girls.

Humming slightly whilst twisting her ankles into the dirt, Emilia pretended to debate it. Newt didn't mind the little girl's dramatics- they were hella cute.
"Okay." Finally deciding on an answer, Emilia whispered a quick reply before whizzing away to Jeff.

Straightening up again, Newt spun around to continue his business.

~time skip~

Y/N's POV
After finishing up her work in the Gardens, Y/N decided to hunt down her little Bunny and spend a little energy time with her. After all, if she got all her energy out of her system now, she was more likely to sleep, which meant more sleep for both Newt and Y/N.

After wandering around aimlessly for a while, she finally spotted Emilia by the Medjack Hut, but she wasn't alone; Newt had her placed on top of his shoulders, and was currently running in circles as Emilia soared through the air with her arms flung out wide. Childish giggles and whooshing noises emanated  from the pair.

Suddenly a loud gasp of recognition escaped from Emilia.
"NEWTIE!! LOOK!" the young girl exclaimed, pointing at her incoming mother figure.
Her unknowing father figure then spotted his girlfriend. A charming grin spread across his face; she always could make him smile.

Also grinning widely, Y/N sauntered over to the pair, greeting them with wide open arms.
"Hello Bunny! And what might you be doing up there, huh?" Y/N pretended to say in a scolding manner, waggling her finger in the air with a hand on her hip.

"This lil' tyke just wanted to fly, so I thought we'd do the next best thing. Which in retrospect, may not have been the best idea for my shoulders..." Newt rolled out his shoulders and neck, wincing as he did so, "...or my neck..." he dramatically swapped Emilia from his shoulders to his back, "...or my back..." he suddenly let Emilia slide quickly down his back as he bent his knees.

The small girl squealed as she zoomed off his back, causing Y/N's eyes to widen in shock and terror as she thought for a split second Newt ha dropped Emilia.
With the safe return of Emilia to the ground, Y/N was calm again after noticing that Newt was in full control of where Emilia was and how quickly she dropped. Nothing would happen to Emilia with Newt there.

The momentary drama was cracked with the laughter from Y/N and Newt, and that subsequent giddiness was overridden with the tension cause by what Emilia would say next.

"Moma! Newt dropped me! Can I get a piggy-back from you instead?!" Emilia practically bounced on the ground.

The two teenagers froze. Newt had never heard Emilia call Y/N 'moma'. And Y/N had forgot to tell Newt that she had started it.

Turning to his girlfriend, Newt confusedly mouthed 'Moma?', to which she said aloud "I'll explain later, I promise."
Nodding in agreement, Newt turned back to Emilia.

"Tell you what, Emmy. If you catch me, I'll give you another piggy-back. If you catch moma, she'll give you a piggy-back. Sound fair?"

"Mhm! Mhm! YESSS!!" The energetic child nodded furiously, anxious to get started at this new and exciting game.
"Ok, on 3 now." Came Newt's reply.

"One..."
"Tw-"

"ONETWOTHREEGO" Y/N screamed chasing off with a headstart, causing the rest of her family to chase after her.

The more immature of the pair chasing her yelled, "Hey! No fair!", whilst the young girl beside Newt simply giggled and raced off.
Newt shook his head and joined in.