15.

You were standing in the middle of the forest, as that was your starting position. Everyone had their stern looks on their faces but you were lost in thought. 

"Your laugh is cute." That sentence ran repeatedly through your head and just at the thought of it you felt your cheeks grow red. 

"You ready (Y/n)?" Nobara said, tapping your shoulder and snapping you out of your trance, you blinked a couple of times and then looked at her. She then furrowed her eyebrows, "When this is over, me and you need to have a talk." You nodded and then tried to focus on what was going on, which was a bit hard considering Yuji was standing right next to you with a proud smile on his face. 

"We're starting in one minute." You heard Gojo's voice through whats seemed like speakers up in a tree, "Now, let's hear a few words of well-appreciated encouragement from Iori Utahime." You then heard a surprised, 'huh?!' from the speakers and the teacher then tried to begin formulating a sentence on the spot. 
"Umm- some degree of injury will be unavoidable but, um... now and then help eachother out... or something..."
"Times up." Gojo said, interrupting her unplanned speech. You heard the Kyoto's teacher start to call Gojo names but he just ignored her and started speaking again, "Now, let the sister school exchange event....begin!" He shouted to start and we all suddenly sprang into motion and began running. You were all sticking together for the time being but you knew there was going to be a moment where you had to split up and leave Yuji alone. 

"Where do you think the cursed spirit boss is?" Itadori asked Panda, who was running along side him. 
"It was probably unleashed halfway between both schools, but it's not just going to sit still." Panda replied, not running out of breath. 
"At the time we agreed on, we'll split into the (Y/n) Squad and the Panda squad for scouting. We'll be counting on you after that Yuji." Maki added, suddenly appearing to be running faster. 
"Yeah!" Yuji said, saluting her officer style as we ran. 

Up ahead was Megumi's demon dog which he had released earlier, and in front of it was a cursed spirit that was dangling from a tree branch. 
"Where are you going?" It called out, attracting our attention towards it. 
"That's a small fry." Panda said in a monotone voice, Maki was trying to get ready to attack it but suddenly Megumi called for her to stop, we all did and watched as the spirit was attacked by a massive crash, and once the smoke had cleared we saw it to be Todo. Once he looked up he was smiling like a madman, and obviously he didn't have a shirt on. 

"Great you're all here!" He exclaimed grinning, "Come at me all at once!" He turned to face you and winked, but you sent him a dirty glare as a response. You started charging at him and jumped, before kneeing him in the face. You watched as the rest of the group ran around him except for Yuji, who stood there with a proud smile on his face. 
"Scatter!" Maki shouted, making everyone go off in different directions, leaving me and Yuji on our own against Todo. 

Suddenly Todo grabbed your leg and pushed you off him, you stuck the landing luckily but slid back a little at the sheer force that he had pushed you off with. He was standing a few feet away from you with a smirk on his face, while in a fighting stance. "Who knew you had it in you, that makes you ten times hotter- but try and do that again and you'll lose points." He shouted at you, you groaned. 
"Will you quit it Todo, I've refused you once, I'll do it again." You replied, unimpressed. Your attention was now aimed at Itadori, you instantly saw he had his fighting glare and knew he meant business. 

You suddenly remembered the conversation you had all had when you were at the meeting before you had left and what Itadori had said to Maki. 

"Todo will absolutely be out to crush us straight away, Mai might follow behind him to come after me too." Maki said with a hand underneath her chin. "Todo's a monster, the worst possible outcome would be that we all face him and get wiped out. So our plan was to just leave one person, either Panda or Megumi behind to occupy him but...Itadori, we'll leave that role to you." Yuji widened his eyes at Maki's words and pointed a finger at himself in confusion. "We'd rather not lose anyone who can scout out our enemies, you don't have to beat him- just hold out as long as possible and buy us time." Maki finished, sitting down near Inumaki (who was sitting crossed legged). 
"But you can be daring against him." Panda added, "To be blunt we weren't counting on your abilities anyway, so it won't affect us too much if  you have to quit." 
"That's mean!" Yuji exclaimed angrily. Panda simply ignored him and then turned to Megumi,
"Sorry Megumi, I know you wanted to face Todo, didn't you?"
"No, I'm good either way." Megumi replied nonchalantly, turning to face you. 
"You're super dry." Panda huffed, also turning to face you, but you were looking at Yuji with wide eyes, he had a completely serious face on, but was gripping your hand. Nobara also looked at what was happening and widened her eyes, her eyes instantly flickering to see your reaction. You just stood there, not knowing whether to pull your hand away or not. 

"But Panda, if I'm going to do this, then I'm going to win." Everyone let out a surprised noise and looked at him now, he had a motivated face with wide eyes. He looked ready to take on anything, he had been so focused that he hadn't realised he was gripping onto your hand for support. 
"Yuji, y-you can let go now." I whispered leaning towards him so that it wasn't as embarrassing when he noticed. He instantly looked at you both holding hands and let go, retracting his hand away from you. 
"Sorry, I-"
"Don't worry about it, just warn me next time." You chuckled in a hushed voice. Yuji felt a blush erupt on his face, there was going to be a next time?