27.

After a small heartfelt talk with Yuji you shooed him out of your room so that you could get prepare for the outing that he had suggested the day before, smiling you were trying on different outfits. This day was just going to be you and him, getting to know each other better and you hoped that you could find out more about this boy. A warm feeling spread throughout your chest and you finally decided to put on a baggy shirt that you tucked into some overalls, your outfit was one who hadn't worn out before but you wanted to look good for Itadori, which was not something you'd usually think about when picking out your clothes. You'd usually go with what's most comfortable but you had changed over the past month, you'd discovered new things, things that made you more excited for life.

Maybe you were also feeling a lot better because you weren't interacting as much with your father, but it's not like he cared enough about you to actually intervene in your daily life. Scoffing at the thought of your father, you spun around and put some earphones in, blasting a song that made you feel happy. Pulling on your shoes you grabbed a canvas bag and shoved in the bare essentials, like your purse and some sunglasses...and a cursed tool. You never left the house without one for obvious reasons, but mainly because of your anxiety when it came down to going into populated areas where lots of curses could be lingering.

Yuji on the other hand was buzzing, he thought of your outing together as your first date, he had everything planned for the day and was quickly getting ready after having showered. He knew you were waiting on him to come and get you from your room so he didn't want to waste a second. Sukuna had been really quiet in his head recently and it was somehow bugging him out.

He walked out into the corridor and bumped into Megumi, who was also walking in the direction of your room. "Whatchu doin?" Yuji asked, playfully hitting his friend on the shoulder. Megumi was actually just going to tell you that your father had called for you, Masamichi had said it was urgent so Megumi didn't have to time to stop and chat with Yuji.
"The principal called for (Y/n)." Megumi muttered, turning and walking towards your room again, Yuji's face fell. He knew that you weren't on good terms with your father so he was worrying about what he could possibly have to say to you.

You heard a knock on your door and sprung up to your feet, rushing to the door and opening with a beam on your face. When you saw Megumi standing there with an uncomfortable look on his face your smile fell and you cocked your head in confusion. "What brings you here Goomi." You smiled, using the old nickname you had given him when you were kids just to tease him a little as you ruffled his hair.

Megumi hated to be the bearer of bad news but he had no choice in this situation, when you had said his old nickname his heart skipped a beat. You looked insanely happy, why did it have to be him to ruin your day like this. "Your dad wants to speak to you." He said in a low voice, breaking eye contact with you to look at the floor. You breathed in and let the breath out slowly, you were suddenly panicking.

"O-Ok, let me just tell Yuji-"
"I bumped into him earlier and told him." Megumi interrupted you and then walked off. You bit your lip and sighed before beginning to walk out of the dorms and towards your dads office which was in a building nearby.

Opening the door you noticed that your father was sitting on his usual chair, sewing some cursed corpses, it reminded you of the day where you first met Yuji. You didn't want to smile right now though, so you kept a straight face and took a step towards him. He lifted up his head at the sound of your footsteps, and then averted his gaze back to the cursed corpses he was sewing. "You called for me Sir."
"I haven't spoken to you in a while (Y/n)."
"You didn't speak to me much before anyways." You muttered under your breath.
"What was that?" He snapped, making you flinch a little before straightening back up and hearing him grunt angrily and then mutter something to himself that you didn't hear properly, "I don't think you're in any position to be talking back to your father like that." His voice boomed and echoed in your ears, you slammed your eyes shut and tried to regain your thoughts.