38.

The sound of crumbling rocks hitting the ground repeatedly and the motion of the ground rumbling beneath everyone's feet kept the adrenaline pumping through your veins. Yuji had already darted off, the curse that hadn't been expected following him and crashing everywhere as it fired blood at him from every orifice. You weren't sure if this was it's technique but the splashing noises it made as it hit the walls of the domain made your spine tingle and goosebumps raise on your arms.

 You knew you all didn't have time to be observing each other, simply keeping an eye to make sure that nothing bad were to happen but your attention kept getting redirected towards Yuji, despite every attempt to focus on the fights you were having with other curses your head would always turn and make sure he was ok. In retrospect it's what you did whenever there was fighting to be done together and was something Gojo pointed out to you very angrily in previous training sessions, he told you : it's better not to look incase something bad happened- out of sight, out of mind, except it would be the death or possibly lethal injury of the one you love, so you weren't really sure if that saying really applied here.

 The screeches coming from the abnormal curse he was going up against became louder every time he landed a hit which made you turn your attention back to your own fight, it was just as important and something you should've really been focusing more on from the start. "Straw Doll Technique: Resonance!" Nobara exclaimed from nearby, the sound of her hammer hitting the nail echoing through your ears and helping you ground myself a little, what followed were the sounds of consecutive pops which meant she was getting rid of the curses that were burrowing below the surface. It was like playing wack-a-mole and you could tell Nobara was making sure she was doing the best she could in this situation. Without further hesitation, you jumped into action and decided perhaps now was the time to try out a new technique you had been practicing with Gojo. 

"Do you really think this is a good idea?" I looked at Satoru with a slightly raised eyebrow, we had tried previously to summon curses and in the process of doing so I had also accidentally summoned special grades, so the nerves and stakes were high when we tried expanding our knowledge of what I was capable of. 
"(Y/n), I think you're one of the most powerful Jujutsu Sorcerers within these grounds...except you don't know how to use your technique. Because of everything that has happened it has also given you walls that block you from your full capability. If we were able to fully understand what you can do, think about how easier missions would go and how much free time I would have to go on holi- I mean confront very serious missions abroad." If I thought Gojo was capable of any sort of motivational talk, this would be quite literally the standard example. 
"Only serious mission you have is finding the cocktail minibar." I muttered under my breath, watching as he pretended not to hear my words despite having immaculate close range and long range hearing. 
"Go on, try the technique and thank me later." He sighed, placing himself comfortably on a deckchair which had somehow appeared out of nowhere. 

" Spawn Technique: Apocalypse!" You yelled, placing your hands on the ground and letting your curse energy flow through it. Nobara turned her head towards you with such haste, a look of absolute fear painted on her features. It was almost as if the entire domain was completely silent for a split second before the ground began to shake ferociously harsher and more violent than before, while the putrid smell of rotting flesh and sulphate arose from the ground in waves of thick fumes. "Nobara! Prepare yourself!" Brief eye contact between you both was made and her fearful expression turned serious, her eyebrows furrowing as her eyes darted around her- making sure she had visually covered every corner of the domain that she could see.

What followed was the ground splitting open, rotting hands arising from the crevices. In them were parts of the cursed entity that was holding this domain together, there were also other little hands holding down the ground and trying to grab you and Nobara in the process. You didn't know how to control this technique, but simply to stop it when needs be, the hands (according to Gojo's lore of my skills) were a type of apparition formed out of your cursed energy and parts of other curses and you could use this technique but with no certain knowledge of the outcome. All of your techniques, when applied in battle were a bit like playing russian roulette, except you didn't know how many bullets were in the barrel and the gun was always pointed at your head. Nobara began using her straw doll technique to exorcise them one by one, you didn't know what to do while she did so because if you lost concentration for a moment and you could just as easily control of the apocalypse technique, you had no idea of how much danger everyone could possibly be in.

"NOBARA HURRY!" Your throat burned from shouting and the toxic fumes that were rising from underneath the ground. Your eyes were also watering but my main priority in that moment was to make sure that Nobara, Itadori and Megumi were going to be safe. Your muscles began to ache, you realised you were straining yourself by keeping the technique active which wasn't going to benefit anyone in the long run.