Someone's Jealous

"Heroes!" Zeus boomed, shaking the foundation of Olympus. "Today we celebrate your victory!" The sky crackled with lightning on cue with Zeus speech. "Step up, Annabeth Chase, Daughter of Athena."

Athena had a smug look on her face as Zeus complimented Annabeth on her feats.

"Daughter of Athena, do you accept the honor of partial immortality?" Zeus offered.

Annabeth accepted the offer with no hesitation or remorse in her eyes. However, deep down she knew that it was not right to do so. Percy had sacrifice his life for them and it was him who should be celebrated. Unfortunately, Annabeth's fatal flaw, hubris, was clouding her judgement as she felt like it was her birth right to be immortal.

"Meeting concluded!" Zeus thundered.

Poseidon had a furious look on his face, "What about my son?"

Zeus smirked, "Didn't you know, your pathetic offspring sacrificed himself for his own mother."

"WHERE IS HE?!" Poseidon growled as he pointed his trident to Zeus throat.

Zeus gulped as he knew that he wouldn't survive a war with his brother.

"He's in the underworld with Hades," Zeus whimpered uncharacteristically.

"My son should have the same honor as that wisdom spawn! I will NOT let this act go past without consequences!" Poseidon roared in anger as he removed his trident form Zeus neck, slight stained with Ichor.

"No! That sea scum shouldn't be presented the same offer! Without me, he would've died a lot time ago! He couldn't even find his way out of a paper bag much less slay the furies, kill Medusa, escape the Lotus casino and Echinda, or even survive Procrustes. I did all those things!" Annabeth argued.

Athena had a proud look on her face whereas Poseidon looked like he wanted to kill Athena and her spawn herself.

"Meeting adjourned," Zeus flashed away with a scared look.

One by one, all the gods flashed away wanting no part of Poseidon's rage. Soon only Hermes, Poseidon, and Athena were left. Athena gave Poseidon one final glare before snapping her finger to flash Annabeth and Herself.

Poseidon huffed in anger as Hermes slowly approached Poseidon

"I'm sorry, Poseidon. I'll bring you to the underworld to find your son," Hermes spoke with a sincere but serious tone.

Poseidon nodded, happy to hear that at least 1 Olympian besides him cares about his son.

With that, they flashed away to the underworld. Not one of them notice a dark figure cocking his head in amusement in the corner of the throne room, blending with the shadows.

...............................................................

Annabeth brushed her hand against the familiar bark of Thalia's tree as she stepped into camp. At once, she was bombarded with questions from the campers.

"Did you defeat Ares?"

"Who did you kill?"

"Was it easy?"

"Yes i defeated Ares with only my dagger, I killed every monster, no it was super hard for the others but super easy for me!" Annabeth held her head high as she lied about her quests.

During the commotion, Grover walked over and pulled up a box of coke and tin cans.

"Wanna have a mini party?" Grover asked as he shook the box of treats slightly.

Annabeth nodded her head, "Come —-on! follow —-me," Grover said between mouthfuls of tin cans.

"Pop!" The familiar sound of a soda can opening. "Do you like the gods Annabeth?" Grover asked.

"Yeah! Why? Without them I wouldn't be immortal!" Annabeth chirped completely forgotten of their fallen comrade, unaware of Grover's scowl.

Grover stood up abruptly and with a serious face, he snapped his finger and out of the wild a pit scorpion climbed onto Annabeth's leg.

"Haven't you guessed? You're really quite dense for an Athena spawn you know. I'm the lightning thief!" Grover smirked threateningly.

Annabeth let out a whimper, knowing how fatal pit scorpion venom is.

"Grover help!" Annabeth begged.

"Join me Annabeth, he shall topple Olympus. Look what the gods did to us! Percy dead! My friend! They shunned me! All the nature spirits are ignored! We don't have their respect. We are nothing but slaves to Olympus! Look around you, Annie, nature is dying! Gods and mortals alike are killing it, taking it for granted! Our god is already close to fading! " Grover spat. "Look at you lying about the quest! I was not even given a reward for the quest I partook in! You lied to the campers! Percy did it not you, he sacrificed himself for you," Grover said, rage turning to sorrow.

"I'll never join you!" Annabeth screamed before she blacked out.

————————————————————————————————-
Annabeth opened her eyes to find herself in the bighouse with Chiron. She let out a cough to signal that's he was awake as Chiron turned around with wide eyes full of worry.

"You're awake my dear!" Chiron cried out in happiness before switching to a serious tone, "Now, how did you get bitten by a pit scorpion, those are incredibly venomous."

"Grover, Grover he did this. He was the lightning thief and wanted recognition for Satyrs and he turned to the evil side. He tried to persuade me to be on his side but I denied his request and he got angry and summoned a pit scorpion to I sting me. However, I think he has sworn his allegiance to the Crooked One," Annabeth said all this in one breath.

Chiron looked taken aback, "Are you sure my child, this is a very serious matter. Are you sure it is the Crooked One," Chiron said gravely as Annabeth nodded her head in affirmation. "This shall be reported to Olympus, you may leave."

Annabeth nodded her head and left the big house and ran towards Cabin 11, Hermes Cabin. She knocked on the door waiting for a reply.

"Travis shut up!"

"Shut it Connor!"

"Where's my soap!"

"Water cannon up my nose!"

"Luke get the door!"

After what seem to be ages, Luke opened the door smiling from ear to ear but one look at Annabeth's face, he knew that this was serious.

"What's wrong Annie?"

"Don't call me that! It's Grover he betrayed us!" Annabeth said close to tears. "I just thought that we promised each other, family Luke, family," Annabeth continued. "And he broke that promise."

Luke was close to tears now, he hugged Annabeth tightly as she cried in his shoulder, "It's gonna be alright." Annabeth smiled thinking Luke was always right, except this time, Luke was doubting himself now.

Unfortunately, Annabeth didn't notice Travis Stoll slipping a hand into her pocket and nipping her purse, as Connor was doing with Luke.