The Mission

Percy slashed at Tartarus, "Faster!" Tartarus shouted as he sidestepped, dodging Percy's attack rather easily.

Percy gritted his teeth and feinted to the left before striking a blow to the right of Tartarus' head, sweeping his legs Percy had knocked down Tartarus. Percy turned around facing Nyx, he ducked just as a blood red scimitar ran through where his head used to be. Percy wheeled around and sliced at the scimitar with as much force as he could, knocking it out of Nyx's hand.

"Arghh!" Nyx cried out.

"Yield or else!" Percy challenged.

Nyx smirked, "Never turn your back to your opponent."

Behind Percy, Tartarus had already gotten up and picked up Nyx's fallen blade, pressing it against Percy's throat.

"Styx! When will I ever I win. Can we have another match?" Percy questioned.

"How about this, Percy you have been training here for almost 2 year. Now, if you can beat me and Tartarus in this fight, your training will be completed and you'll get to leave Tartarus as our champion." Tartarus offered.

"What are you waiting for," Percy grinned and got into a fighting stance.

Nyx and Tartarus shared a grin and charged at him. Percy summoned a shadow shield and a water breastplate. He blocked the first strike from Nyx's scimitar and gave a right jab towards Nyx's right shoulder. Nyx stumbled back as she summoned a shield above her head, Tartarus ran up with his spear and jumped on the shield to get a higher strike to Percy. Percy shocked, failed to block the attack. The spear shattered on impact against Percy's chest. Percy grinned, his Curse of Achilles was helping him.

Percy manifested his shield into a sword identical to riptide made out of fire and smirked manically. Nyx slashed wildly at him as Percy swiftly dodged all the attacks before vanishing in a puff of water vapour, only to appear directly behind Nyx. He poised his sword onto Nyx's jugular vein from the behind and shaped a hunting knife out of ice, frozen water. He threw the knife with great accuracy into Tartarus shoulder. Percy snapped his finger and Nyx was in a prison of fire. To Percy's surprise, Nyx's vanished into darkness and appeared behind Percy.

"You're not the only one who can do that, two can play that game," Nyx smirked but her smirk was wiped off her face as quickly as it came. Percy had manifested his identical sword into a Roman shield out of water and slammed it into her face.

"One down, one to go" Percy capped Riptide not needing it against the bleeding Tartarus.

Tartarus growled in frustration, clutching his bleeding arm. Percy summoned a bow made out of shadows and a quiver full of arrows made out of fire. Percy nocked and arrows and fired. The arrow found its mark in Tartarus right abdomen and with that the Primordial of the Pit was set ablaze.

"Two down, Zero to go and a Percy winning," Percy grinned from ear to ear.

A moan erupted from Nyx's mouth, "She's coming about," Percy walked towards the kitchen of Tartarus' palace and brought out a bucket of water. Without warning, he poured it onto the burning Tartarus.

"Ahhh, I'll get you for that Jackson!" Tartarus yelled, the fire smothered and the wound from his shoulder closing.

"That's if you see me next time! Now beam me out of this hell hole that you named after yourself!" Percy stood up straight and looked up to the black obsidian ceiling of Tartarus' palace.

Tartarus sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "A deals a deal, your training is over, farewell Jackson. I'll miss how annoying you are. Now let me sleep."

"Say bye to Nyx for me!" Percy popped his mouth and with that the hero was gone.

Tartarus and Nyx shared a smirk.

"You let him win, didn't you?"
"Ha... of course."

...............................................................

Hades was just sitting in his throne. It had really been a boring day. Ruling the Underworld really got boring sometimes. He couldn't wait for his Champion to return.

Every once in a while, one of the Furies would report that the third judge, Midas, was being unreasonable, and he was getting quite tired of reprimanding the former king of Crete.

"I really need to find a new third judge." He mumbled. It was lucky that the other two judges, Rhadamanthus and Aeacus, were known for being fair in their rulings, so if Minos didn't agree with their overall decision, his vote did not matter.

Then, it hit him. Hades should hire Winston Churchill to be the third judge!

He had just finished the paperwork, when a boy he would recognise anywhere materialised from the shadows.

"Nephew?" Hades asked. "It's been two years already?"

Percy still wasn't really sure how to talk to Hades.

"Uh, yeah, it has. So, um, since I'm your champion and stuff, do I have to adhere to your every command or something?" He asked nervously. Hades laughed, which honestly scared Percy more than his glare.

"Yes." Hades deadpanned as quickly as he had laughed. "But I am a benevolent mentor, therefore I shall allow you to come and go whenever you please, as long as you complete this mission for me."

"Okay... what's the mission?" Percy asked cautiously.

"Before I speak, I must ask you to hold any thoughts until after I have finished speaking." Hades ordered. Percy nodded. "I have two children. They were born in 1930 and 1932 respectively. For reasons I am not willing to share, their mother died and I only just managed to save my children. However, it was against the Ancient Laws to interact with your demigod children, so I was forced to send them to the Lotus Casino, where I knew they would be safe. Eventually, I sent Alecto to rescue them, and they are currently in a military school named Westover Hall."

"So... you want me to bring them to you?" Percy asked finally after a long pause that consisted of taking all of that information in. Hades looked almost relieved.

"Sometimes I forget how much like your father you are." If it was possible, Hades smiled slightly. "Yes, retrieve them and bring them to me. But be careful- the other demigods are already moving to rescue them."

"Wait, so I get to see them again?" Percy asked excitedly. Hades faltered, and that was all Percy needed to know. "What happened?"

"Well, your Satyr friend betrayed Olympus to Kronos and your other friend, the Wisdom spawn, has been consumed by her own hubris." Hades said quickly.

Percy gasped mockingly, "I'm not surprised, Annabeth's too arrogant and Grover always had a hatred for the gods."

Hades shrugged, "Go now, or I'll ban you from Blue cookies. After all, I am technically your patron god."

Percy nodded furiously and ran out of the underworld faster than you could say 'Blue food'.