Training in Tartarus

Not many people could say that they had completed two hundred press-ups inside the Phlegethon.

Percy could.

He had been in Tartarus for two normal weeks now, though time in Tartarus passed in a different manner to on the surface in such a way that two years could pass above and Percy wouldn't age, but he would be spending two years here.

If it wasn't packed to the brim with monsters, Tartarus would basically be immortality.

Of course, Percy had been receiving help. No twelve year old could survive Tartarus, not even a demigod. Hades had been visiting him, training him in the arts of the shadows.

Percy could now accurately shadow travel without it draining him, pick destinations from his mind and be able to travel there and his physical structure had improved slightly.

Hades had hinted at some new visitors that he had been communicating with. First, he had arrived with his wife, Persephone, who had taken an immediate liking to Percy, even going so far as to hug him, before Hades coughed, and she noticed Percy looking extremely uncomfortable. She had apologised, embarrassed, but Percy had hugged her again, and she had smiled and gladly returned it.

"Just remember that I'm your ride out of here." Hades had muttered, feeling slightly jealous. Persephone giggled and they had disappeared into the shadows, leaving Percy on his own.

Percy had just began to walk towards his hut that he had built himself, when he saw a dark silhouette. Instinctively, Percy uncapped Riptide and cautiously walked over to the figure. From far, it see that this being was a mere human. However, on closer look, this 'human' had half its face missing with maggots crawling in and out of his eye as dry blood stained his hand. "Come up! Come up! Try your luck against Nyx, Primordial of Night! If you can knock her out, you get a wish from the one and only, TARTARUS!!!" The 'human' shouted.

Percy with great interest, approached the 'human' and smirked, "I'll try one round, where do I sign up."

The barker smirked, "Ya sure kid! You're gonna die, no goin back! I'll say," The 'human'  gave Percy a toothless grin.

Percy needed a challenge, he had been in Tartarus for a few weeks now and it was getting boring. Sure he had the occasional challenge like Perses or Echinda but truthfully, none of them were up to the skill level of Percy. Percy had trained inside the river Phlegethon for a few days, letting its fiery waters burn and heal Percy's flesh over and over again before diving in the styx for a shower. He now beared the Curse of Achilles, his weak spot being directly under his left forearm, just below the back of his elbow.

Percy nodded his head in affirmation as the Barker snapped his finger and the familiar world of Percy vanished and changed to an Arena. Monsters, titans, giants and even Primordials surrounded the Arena chanting, "Nyx! Nyx! Nyx!"

A deafening roar silenced the audience, Percy turned his head in fear and saw his worst adversary, "The Minotaur." In front of the monstrous man-bull, was a pale lady with midnight purple eyes, duel wielding two blood-red scimitars.

Percy gulped in fear wondering how could he have been so foolish to think that he was powerful enough to defeat Nyx. Percy watched as the Minotaur charged at Nyx, wielding his Omega axe. With great force, the Minotaur swung his axe down just directly above the Primordial's head. Instead of Nyx's head rolling in the ground, the primordial of night disappeared in a cloud of black smoke only to reappear behind the Minotaur to stab it through the back of the man-bull.

Percy watched in horror as the Minotaur let out a scream of agony before bursting into golden dust.

Nyx yawned in boredom. Suddenly, a huge voice appeared, "Give it up for Nyx! The unbeatable challenger!" Percy turned towards to where the voice came form, his eyes met a huge being, 20 feet tall. The beings eyes were crimson red along with his hair a dark shade of red. Power flowed off him in waves.