Chapter 7.2 Black as night

In the next moment, she was pulled into his arms and his mouth descended in a kiss that was all fire and sensation. She never even thought about struggling. 

His hands reached to cup her face. He tilted her head so that her whole body was arched up to receive his kiss.

As her head began to spin she felt herself folded even more securely against the hard body of him. The kiss becoming warm, deep, passionate, turning her legs to jelly. 

She couldn't fight it.

His mouth was experienced. His tongue exploring. The waves of desire that were flooding every part of her body were far too sweet to deny.

All the warnings she had told herself about this man. The fact that this was Matteo Guidicelli.....weren't real anymore. 

All that was real was this world of light, pleasure and sheer sensation behind her closed eyelids. A world she hadn't known existed. Hadn't imagined in her wildest dreams. 

And then it stopped. 

His head lifted from hers. His arms released her. 

Now Paolo's face rose up accusingly.

"Paolo doesn't do it for you, does he?" His voice still controlled. "Or maybe you've just decided that I'm the better catch? Hmmm?"

He now had the ammunition to do what he had wanted to do from the start. To provide ample proof to his brother that his beloved fiancée was not the pure young thing he obviously mistook her for.

She swallowed hard and prayed for the ground to stop moving under her feet. He was a man, just a man, and an arrogant, self-satisfied pig of one at that. 

"Umalis ka na ngayon din. Ano mang minuto si Paolo....." 

"Don't pretend that you give a damn about my brother o tungkol sa kung ano ang iisipin niya. You've just proved to me exactly how much you care about him."

Sarah looked away and his eyes were drawn to the fragile paleness of her skin. The vulnerable way she was clasping her hands together. As if trying to steel herself from shaking all over.

"I'll leave it to you to break off the engagement of your own free will, in whatever manner you see fit."

"Okay." was all Sarah could say.

"And don't even think of trying to pull a fast one."

"Gaya ng ano?"