Chapter 10.2 For love

The airplane hit bad turbulence and Sarah put her hand out towards the wall behind her to steady herself. Matteo reached out to take her other hand.

She didn't know how it happened or why. One moment she was standing next to bed and the next she was sitting down on it with Matteo beside her.

"You okay?" he asked softly.

She nodded.

Then he leaned down over her to kiss her parted lips.

The kiss was gentle at first and then with passionate heat.

Sarah was melting. Her brain was telling her to stop but her body didn't want to listen.

Sarah felt herself leaning back against the softness of the pillows. His hand moved to the edge of her blouse.

The touch of his hand against the flat planes of her stomach sent a shiver of apprehension and excitement racing in waves through her.

His hand moved up and over her rib cage to find the gentle curve of her breast. It was that which brought her back to her senses.

She forced herself to pull her lips away from the heat of his kiss.

"Sir.....no." Her voice was husky and trembling.

He moved back from her immediately.

"I'm sorry." She pulled her blouse back down with shaking fingers. "Pero hindi ko kaya ....."

"It's all right, Sarah. Please don't call me Sir if it is just us. "

He stood up. He glanced at his wristwatch and then his eyes moved back over her gentle face.

"Let's go back to our seats."

She nodded. She pulled herself together.

She glanced up at him. Beneath that cool persona, she detected that Matteo was not as controlled as he would like to be.

He reached to take hold of her hand and help her get up from the bed. They headed back towards their seats.

The hand that held hers was strong and firm. His thumb caressed the side of her wrist in a gentle movement that sent a little excitement over her body.

Her eyes moved over the broad shouldered frame and the dark shine of his hair.

This man could hurt you. Really hurt you, Sarah, she told herself.

Yet deep in her heart, she knew that she was falling in love for the very first time.