Chapter 8.2 Picture paints a thousand words

Sarah pulled open the door and there he was. Matteo Guidicelli.

Tall, sexy and unexpected that for a few seconds all she could do was blink. As if blinking would make the man there disappear or else turn him into Paolo.

Her brain finally caught up with her vocal cords. "Anong ginagawa mo dito?"

"I was just passing by," Matteo said. "Though I'd look in." He looked lazily past her and then right back to her.

Sarah was struggling to breathe.

"Hindi ka puwede dito," she whispered in disbelief. "Hindi mo alam kung saan ako nakatira."

"Alam ko kung saan ka nakatira nang nalaman ko kung saan ka nagtatrabaho. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to make a call to an office and dig out relevant information."

"Hindi sila nagbibigay ng impormasyon kong saan ako nakatira!"

"At bakit naman hindi? Nakalimutan mo na kapatid ko si Paolo. Baka gusto mong imbitahan akong pumasok pero kinakailangan mo, alam mo na, dahil wala akong balak na tumayo dito sa labas na kausap ka, kahit pa maganda ang panahon. "

"Magkikita kayo ni Paolo sa susunod na linggo. Sinabi niya sa akin. Bakit gusto mong makita ako ngayon? Bakit?"

"Oh, ngunit alam mo kung bakit. If you don't move I'm going to have to pick you up and move you."

Sarah looked at him with dismay. He had managed to stick his foot just inside the doorstep. If she tried to slam the door on him it would entail a struggle and she would lose. She was no match for Matteo Guidicelli.

She stood aside and watched him walk into her house and look around him with curiosity and interest.

The house was small. She and her mother had moved into this one bedroom house hardly big enough for the two of them since she was eight. Even so, Sarah and her mother found great joy in their new home. It was full of happy memories.

"Gusto mo tawagan ko si Paolo?" Sarah asked. She was looking at the way he was surveying her house and feeling rightfully invaded. "Alam ko kung nasaan siya ngayon. Sigurado ako na gusto ka niyang puntahan at makita."

Matteo didn't rush into an answer. Instead he continued looking around him for a few more seconds before turning to her.

He could have waited. He could have seen his brother in a few days' time and found out what he needed to know, whether she had obeyed his instructions or not.

In truth, he had no doubt that she would have. He had, after all, given her the choice of leaving with her reputation intact or leaving in disgrace at being exposed as a woman happy to be engaged to the one brother and kissing the other.

He had come to see her personally because in the past three weeks he had thought about her more than he cared to admit. It was a nuisance.

He looked at her now, staring up at him with those clear dark eyes that matched with long and straight hair. Her loose faded pink pajama bottoms and old sleeveless white vest added an appeal of sexiness.

"I wouldn't have come here if I had wanted to talk to my brother. No, pumunta ako dito upang makita ka." He felt sudden annoyance and disgust with himself that he made this trip to see this woman who clearly didn't want him in her house. "I take you're still in communication with my brother?"

He saw the kitchen and began walking towards it. "Alam mo kung nasaan siya ngayon, sa eksaktong oras na'to. Hindi ito ang gusto kong marinig."

The kitchen was only a few paces from the front door, and he stopped.

Stopped and stared, barely aware of her behind him.

The kitchen was small but functional. A very small square dining table that could sit two people. Everything was on a very small scale. Small fridge freezer, small cooker, just sufficient units to store the bare essentials needed to make a kitchen actually work.

Matteo, however, wasn't staring at the dimensions of the room. He was staring at the pictures on the fridge, magnets holding them up.

He stepped aside and Sarah slipped past him, drawing in a deep breath as she took in the direction of his gaze.

It was crazy.

Gabby wasn't a secret!

"Interesting artwork," Matteo said. He moves towards the fridge and inspecting the drawings tacked on it.

One was some version of an underwater scene, another was of the family, which was composed of a gigantic stick figure with lots of black hair and a much smaller one with a large smiley face, and then there were various attempts at writing.

Sarah had no idea why she felt so nervous. She licked her lips and tried to relax. "Sa tingin ko."

"You told me you took Bachelor of Fine Arts up to second year college. This can't be yours." He removed the underwater scene and looked at it with interest before holding it up for her to see.

*************************************************************************

Thank you so much for the past votes and comments. Love, love, love <3

SARAH GERONIMO: FROM THE TOP
DECEMBER 4 & 5, 8PM
AT THE ARANETA COLISEUM

CALL TICKETNET NOW, AT 911-5555

TICKET PRICES:
VIP - P4770
PATRON - P4770
BOX PREMIUM - P3710
BOX REGULAR - P3180
UPPER BOX B - P1590

FOR INQUIRIES, YOU MAY ALSO CALL VIVA CONCERTS AT 687-5853 LOC 656 OR 687-7236

BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW
!