Chapter 14.1 Unforgettable

The past four weeks for Sarah had been a series of revelations and peaceful action. Her father paid her a visit the next day after Matteo had walked out through her front door forever.

Finally, she could see him as a man, flawed, but human.

Delfin Geronimo was very happy about it.

He took her in his arms. He knew she was still angry with him.

But Sarah swallowed her pride.

She had done him a great kindness. She slowly let him back into her life.

Sarah could only hold her breath and wait for him to explain.

She may have been young, but she was old enough to remember what he did to her and her mother.

"Iniwan ka ni Mama dahil hindi na niya kaya ang labis na kalungkutan." Sarah fell silent for a moment before continuing in an innocent tone."Sinabi po niya sa akin na mahal ka niya at patuloy na minamahal, Papa, at wala siyang ibang lalaki kailanman."

Delfin cried silently. His eyes held a far away look as if he was going back into the past.

As she had discovered over the many conversations they had shared over the weeks, times had changed for her father.

They had discussed the businesses her father owned over dinner and cups of coffee. His three star inns had gradually turned into a five star hotel.

It had become very successful that he had opened another resort hotel in Boracay and Puerto Princesa, the most sought after tourist destination.

 He now also owns a car shop. The place to go for new and used cars in Manila.

Her father became an entrepreneur in his middle age. The visit to Singapore was really a business expansion.

They talked about her and Gabby moving in with him to live. Helping him run his business for as long as she liked.

The only thing they never seemed to talk about was Matteo. Sarah knew that it was her fault.

Her father would have been happy to talk about what had happened, but somehow Sarah just couldn't bring herself to dwell on it.

Maybe in time to come. It still hurt too much to think about him.

In time. She would open up but not yet.

 She would open up but not yet