EPILOGUE : One's one and only

Sarah filled him in on her father's offer and interest.

They talked about Paolo, agreeing that it was best that he was honest with himself and honest with the people he loved.

Sarah had carefully explained how she became Gabby's mother.

The little boy was completely captivated by Matteo. Surprisingly Matteo was extremely good with Gabby.

6 months later.....

Matteo and Sarah took a walk down to the beach hand in hand

"Mahal, all I want in the world is to share your life, maging ama ng mga anak mo." A worry intruded. "You do want more children, don't you?" Asked Matteo.

"Oo naman," she happily replied.

"Then I can give this?" He pulled away from her to open the small box. 

Inside was an opulent diamond ring on a white gold band that sparkled and shimmered under the bright moonlight and Sarah's tears.

"Marry me, Mahal."

"Yes."

Matteo cupped her face and smoothed away the soft trickle of tears with each thumb. He dropped a soft kiss onto the tip of her nose.

Sarah lifted her arms and linked her hands at his nape. Then she drew his head down to hers. "Mahal kita," she said sincerely.

"Mas mahal kita," he said truthfully.

Sarah felt as though she was walking on a cloud. 

Matteo placed one finger under her chin and kissed her gently on her mouth, tasting her like a man sipping nectar.

They had loved and touched and tasted and talked.

Two people touching each other in the safety of knowing that they loved and were loved in return.