Pity Party

2002

Draco's POV

"I already told you that I came for Astoria" Blaise said as he eyed Nott up and down. "I know I know i'm just really happy that you ca-" he started but I interrupted him. "Who's kid is that" I said gesturing to the small girl in his arms, "My daughter" He said simply as he patted her back to try and stop her from crying. "You don't have a kid" Gia said, "Uh I do, her name is Ophelia Lorelei Nott she's uhm two. Astoria gave birth a bit after the uhm uh incident" He said nervously.

The child cried even louder making people give us all dirty looks, "Ugh give her to me let me make her stop crying" I said growing annoyed of the childs cries. "Uh um okay" He nodded as he passed me the child. I held her in my arms and started swaying her side to side whispering coos and lullabies, after a couple minutes she quietened down and slept peacefully in my arms.

"So can we see Astoria then" Ginny said nervously. "Uh yes come in" he walked in front of me and opened the door softly, "Hey tori uhm don't kill me but i kind of brought some people" He whispered to his wife who was laying down on hospital bed.

Astoria's POV

I opened my eyes as wide as i could and I saw Theo come into the room and walk towards me. He told me he brought some people and I just assumed it was some nurses. Cho visited me every now and again and i haven't seen any of my old friends since Theo's fight with Draco.

If me and Theo weren't stuck in a marriage I would've gone off on him. When he told me what he did I was furious but I kept quiet. I would prefer to be in a happy marriage than an unhappy one so i just made him think that I was on his side. I looked behind Theo and saw my old Hogwarts friendship group, not including Prince and Alex obviously. As soon as I made eye contact with Giovanna i sat up quickly and adjusted my hair.

I've already told Theo I didn't want to see anyone I knew. They'll just give me sympathy and pity which is the last thing i need. I looked over to the person beside Giovanna and saw Draco holding Ophelia. I feel so bad for Ophelia, she looked so peaceful. So unaware of everything happening around her, I know Theo doesn't know that I know he's an alcoholic but it's painfully obvious. He visits me smelling like fire whiskey and clubs, I don't even have the energy to worry about if he's cheating on me or not.

"Uhm hi" I said quietly. I saw Ginny approaching me with an unreadable expression. I was expecting for her to come and sit next to me and give me a sappy story about how everything will be better and how she forgives me for not reaching out but she didn't.

"listen Astoria. Really i should be comforting you right now but I need to release 2 years of emotion first. ASTORIA GREENGRASS I MEAN UHM ASTORIA NOTT, WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING YOUR HUSBAND WAS BEING A STUPID LITTLE BITCH AND YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. I KNOW I CUT OFF CONTACT WITH YOU BUT YOU STILL COULVE VISITED ME. ALSO YOU DIDN'T THINK TO TELL ME THAT YOU WERE PREGNANT. OUR KIDS COULD'VE GONE ON DATES FOR MERLINS SAKE. ALSO WE BECAME FRIENDS IN 7TH YEAR AND WE WERE FRIENDS FOR THREE YEARS AFTER THAT AND NOT ONCE DID YOU GET SICK SO CARE TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHY YOU'RE ON A HOSPITAL BED FIGHTING FOR YOUR BLOODY LIFE?" she screamed at me with an angry face. When she was done her face softened, I just looked at her and burst out laughing. "Spoken just like your mother, I felt like i was getting a howler like Ron" I laughed and soon everyone else joined in.

"Instead of this being a pity party can we please just talk and think about the good old days" I asked and they all nodded.