Flinch

⚠️ TW: mentions of abuse (not as bad as you may think) ⚠️

2002
Giovanna POV

"Okay guys lets open the letters and then write back on them" I said and everyone nodded. We were all sat in a big circle, I was next to Draco and Ginny was next to me. Theo was sat opposite Draco sitting slightly outside of the circle. He looked everywhere but Draco, probably to avoid the death stares he was receiving. I unraveled my letter and started reading it.

Dear future me,

You're obviously married to Draco. Has he fucked up yet? Do you love him? Do you love yourself? How many kids do you have? Is he good in bed? How big is it? How big is your house? Are you happy? Have you gotten used to Giovanna Malfoy yet? What are your kids names? Are you still friends with everyone?

From past Giovanna

Dear past me,

Yep i'm married to Draco. I don't think he's fucked up yet. Yes I love him. Yeh I kinda love myself. Two wonderful kids. PLS HE IS VERY GOOD. GIRLIE ITS SO BIG I FAINTED WHEN I SAW IT. The house is massive but Draco hates it. Yes i'm happy. Yeh I can't believe I used to be called Giovanna Moon to be honest. My kids are called Aurora Cassiopeia Malfoy and Theodore Lennox Malfoy. And i'm kinda friends with everyone but Theo is a dick.

From future Giovanna

After I finished writing I folded away my letter and looked over to Draco. "You go next" I said and he nodded.

Draco's POV

Dear future me,

Did you tell Giovanna you love her yet? Did she say it back?

I just hope you treat her well.

As you remember i well we have messed up a lot.

Just please me you're a good husband. Don't be like lucius. Please please please don't shout at her over small things and do not DARE raise your hand at her. We need to be the loving father we never had.

From past Draco

Dear past me,

Yes I told her I love her and yes she loves me back. Of course i'm a good husband i'm me. I would never ever hit her. And i'm a wonderful wonderful father and Aurora and Theodore love me. Rora likes me a bit more though.

From future Draco

I smiled and passed my letter to Gia so she could read it. She took the letter and began carefully reading through it, after she was done she looked up at me with teary eyes. "If you loved me in 7th year then why were you such a dick" she laughed through her tears, "I used to get girls by being shitty so I thought you'd be the same way" I said and she shook her head. "I'm just built different" she joked as she passed me back the letter.

"I'd never ever hit you Gia. I love you with all my heart" I whispered into her ear. "I sure hope you don't, i'll beat your ass if you do" she said back and I just stared at her. "Gia I promise I wouldn't ever do that okay?" I said and she nodded and smiled.

I am not my father

Giovanna's POV

I looked away from Draco and looked around. Ginny and Cho were discussing their letters and Luna and Blaise were kissing. I looked over at Astoria and Theodore and saw that they were arguing, "What are you two talking about?" I asked them and Astoria looked at me. "Theo thinks he's not hot anymore" She said and the room went quiet. Ginny, Cho and Luna snapped their heads in Theo's direction, "You're still hot" the five of us said and the same time. Draco and Blaise stared at us as if we'd just committed treason.

"I meant that you're not ugly but of course my number one is Draco" I said and Draco just raised his eyebrows. "Oh come on guys don't lie you two know that he's hot" Ginny said and the boys just shook their heads. "okay maybe a little" Draco muttered and I looked at him and shouted "EXACTLY". Everyone looked at me curiously, "Draco agrees that Theo is hot" I said and Draco glared at me.

"Okay can we uh change the subject" Theo said and I just stared at him apologetically. "Sorry I didn't mean to make it weird" He just chuckled and said it's fine.

~~~~

After everyone left I went to Draco and hugged him. "Thank you for putting up with Nott for a bit" I smiled and he hugged me back. "I told you Gia. I like giving hugs not getting them".

Draco's POV

After we stopped hugging I saw Gia was thinking. "What's on your mind love?" I asked and she sighed, "Well I was just- do you know what nevermind" She half smiled and began walking away. I grabbed her waist and spun her around, "Darling tell me what's on your mind" I said and she sighed again. "I was just thinking that uhm maybe we could I don't know maybe we could invite the Notts over" She said quietly. I was about to protest but she interrupted me "It's just because Astoria just got out of St Mungo's and her and Theodore haven't really spent much time with Ophelia so maybe we could help them out a bit" She said nervously as she bit her lip.

"Gia you know why I hate Nott" I said and she nodded. "Yes I do, do you know what I'm sorry I said anything. Let's just sleep" she half smiled again and turned around. "Wait" I said and she turned back around staring at me questionably. I was about to agree and say we could invite them over. I lifted my hand up to rub my forehead and she flinched.

Why did she flinch? She didn't think I was going to hurt her did she? She knows I would never do that right?

She looked scared. She had that same face my mum always had before Lucius hurt her. Giovanna was scared. Of me.

"Did you just think I was going to hurt you?" I asked and she looked up at me. "What uhm no-" "Giovanna do not lie. Did you think I was going to hurt you?" I asked again and she slowly nodded.

Giovanna's POV

"But- but I thought you knew that i'd never hurt you" he stuttered. He looked horrified. "I just thought-" I started but I was interrupted by him again. "Gia I- I'm not my father i'd never do that. Ever. I promised you remember" He said and I nodded. "It's nothing don't worry" I said as I looked up at him. He was paler than usual. His eyes were bloodshot. Tears we're running freely down his face. He was panicking

"Draco look at me. Please look at me" I begged and he shook his head. "I'm so sorry I scared you Gia. I'm so sorry" He said as he ran into a guest bedroom and locked the door.