Chapter 10

We eventually fell back asleep at 3 in the morning. So we were both exhausted when my mom woke us up at 7 saying breakfast was ready.

After we ate, we played video games for about two hours. Then decided to do our homework after lunch. We talked about anything and everything. Almost. Neither one of us brought up my nightmare last night.

Eventually he had to go home cause it's Sunday and we have school in the morning. Before he left he gave me a hug and I felt my stomach do flips.

What's happening to me?

I went up to my room and turned on pandora. The first song that came on was "Something I Need" by One Republic.

I fell asleep before that song was over.

I had another dream where I was back in the Glade. Me and Newt were happy together. When I woke up in the morning not only was I disappointed it wasn't real but that also means it's Monday and we have school.

I got dressed, brushed my teeth, ran downstairs, got something to eat, then headed off the school.

I only live 5 minutes from the school so I walked.

When I reached school the first of my friends I came across was Minho.

"Sup Greenie." He said when I got close.

"Nothin much shuck face."

"How was your weekend with Newt?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"It was fine. Gosh Minho you act like we're lovers or something."

"Maybe y'all are." He replied with a shrug. I gave him a slight push making him run into a locker. "Gee thanks Thomas. I just love getting pushed into lockers."

"Stop whining Minho." Brenda said as she walked up to us.

"You sure weren't complaining about my whining the other night." He winked at her.

"I don't wanna hear about y'all's bloody sex life."

That voice I could make out in a room full of people. Newt.

"Hey Tommy." I turned to see Newt there, smiling. That grin sent a wave of reassurance through me, as if I were finding out the world was okay again.

Seriously, what's happening to me?!

"Hey Newt." Then the bell rang and we had to go our separate ways to go to class. I had Economics first period and I wouldn't see Newt again until 3rd period which was math.