Chapter 12

Newt ended up coming over after school like he said. We're sitting on my bed with our math notes spread out in front of us.

"Tommy?"

"Hmm."

"What happened today? You never act like that." Of course he would bring that back up.

"Seriously? You're bringing that back up?" I asked with an irritated tone.

"Well it just felt like a fight and I don't like just leaving fights like that. We need to talk about this." He kinda has a point but what am I supposed to say? 'Oh I just got jealous seeing you with Sonya because I have some type of feelings for you that I haven't figured out yet." Yeah I'm sure that would go down great.

"Just tell me something, Newt."

"Anything." He answered looking at me.

"Does being with Sonya make you truly happy?" I asked looking at him.

"Uh yeah tot-"

"Don't lie, Newt. I've known you since kindergarten. I can tell when you're happy, when you're not, and when you're faking it." I interrupted him.

"Fine. No I'm not truly happy when I'm with her."

"Is that why you made up an excuse about us having a very important math test to study for?" He nodded.

"Then why are you still with her?" I asked.

"I don't wanna make her upset." He murmured.

"Newt, sometimes you're gonna hurt people's feelings. It's better now than later."

"Yeah I'll find someway to try and let her down easy." He gave a half smile.

"Alright. Now back to these math notes."

•••

Next day at lunch Sonya was no where to be seen. So when Newt sat down I asked.

"So did you find away to let her down easy?" Newt smiled a half hearted smile.

"I tried but I think I still hurt her." He mumbled.

"Her getting hurt was inevitable." I tried to help.

"Yeah I know but I still feel bad."

"Well stop feelin' bad shank!" Minho interjected. "I found out about this big party Brenda's throwing Friday night."

"But-"

"No buts Newt." Minho interrupted. "You are going if I have to drag you. Same goes to you Thomas." He gave me a pointed glare when he looked at me. Minho really takes his partying seriously.

I'm already dreading this party.

A/N wow this is probably the quickest update I've done in a while. I just wanna say thanks for everyone that's read this. Especially the ones who take the time to vote and comment. Seeing that y'all like my story means a lot to me.