Chapter 13

Thomas POV

Teresa has been my best friend since we were crawling. She's always the person I go to to tell things. Which would just make since that she should be the first person to find out about my little "crush" on Newt.

So she comes over that afternoon and we pop popcorn and put in a movie, Footloose (the 2011 one). It's a movie we've seen a million times since it's our favorite so I I don't feel bad about interrupting. Also this way I don't have to listen to Teresa narrate the whole movie.

"Teresa, can I tell you something?" I ask cautiously.

"Of course. That was a stupid question. You can tell me anything." She responded. She had a point that was a stupid question.

"Well I think I might have a little crush on Newt." I inform her in a quiet voice.

"When did this crush start?" She asks and I tell her about my dream and the things I've been feeling around him since.

"Hmm maybe you should tell him." She says in a tentative voice like she's scarred I might get mad.

"Are you crazy?! I can't just tell one of my best friends that I have a little crush on him!" I was trying not to yell so it came out more as a harsh whisper.

"Just tryin to help." She raised her hands in defense.

I took a deep breath before I answered. "I know. I'm sorry I snapped but I mean seriously I can't just walk up to him and tell him I have a crush on him. He's one of my best friends and he's straight." She thought for a second before she replied.

"Maybe he is gay he just doesn't know yet." Her eyes misted over like she was having an idea.

"What are you talking about T?" I asked.

"I'm saying, maybe he's not as straight as we all think he is, or even as straight as he thinks he is. He just needs to realize it. You can be the one to make him realize it. and if it turns out he really is the straightest guy on the planet then we can at least say we tried." She explained.

"I don't know Teresa. What if I just ruin our friendship." Worry laced my voice as I asked.

"Risk and reward." She replied simply.

"I guess we can try." I say tentatively.

"Yay! Okay so the party, that will be the perfect time to start. First we need to find something for you to wear." Teresa excitedly jumped off my bed and dashed to my closet. Our movie completely forgotten about.

"You seriously have nothing decent to wear!" She exclaimed angrily. She stomped over and grabbed my wrist before dragging me out the door.

"Teresa where are we going?"

"Shopping!"

Great. Not.

•••

We go to several different stores. JCPenney's, Dillards, Old Navy, and countless other stores. Teresa dragging me along and shoving me in dressing rooms with different outfits to try on.

There were a bunch of no's and a few yes's. Then there were the rare "OMG you HAVE to get that!"

At about 5 we stopped and went to the food court. Teresa got some Chinese food and I got Taco Bell. We sat down at a table isolated by its self off in a corner.

"You are gonna look so hot at that party!" Teresa exclaimed. "You're gonna have Newt drooling over you! You might even get lucky!" That last exclamation reminded me of my dream a few days prior.

Teresa kept blabbing about hot hot I was gonna look and I would just nod every now and then. I wasn't really paying attention to her blabbing. Over the years I've learned to just ignore her when she gets excited like this. All she really does is repeat herself anyways.

My mind soon traveled to familiar brown eyes and fluffy dirty blond hair.

"So next on or list is cologne." Teresa interrupted my thoughts. She had already threw away our trash. I didn't even notice we finished eating.

She grabbed my wrist again and pulled me along. We shopped for the next 2 hours. When we finally left we were loaded down with bags. Teresa also wanted to buy stuff for herself which was expected. We made it to the car without dropping anything.

When we got back to my house Teresa made me try all my outfits on again so she could choose the outfit she thought looked best.

We ended up going with the red plaid button up shirt with black skinny jeans and a pair of red converses.

I will say I was starting to look forward to this party.

A/N next chapter will most likely be the party. Just a warning, I suck at writing about party's so it most likely won't be very descriptive. It'll probably be like this chapter where it just takes you through the main events. Also sorry if this chapter sucked.