Chapter 3

A/N so I decided to write more to this. This chapter takes place after they escape the maze and think they are safe.

Thomas POV

I honestly don't know how to feel right now. Sad that Chuck died or happy that we got out of the maze and Newt and Teresa survived.

I'm leaning just a tad more towards sad.

They fed us pizza then had us get ready for bed. Teresa was lead to a room whilst all the rest of us were lead to a different room. I'm a little worried about her being so far away from us to where if something were to happen to her, non of us would be able to protect her.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Newt.

"Hey Tommy. You okay?"

"Yeah. Just thinking." I told him.

He walked over and sat down next to me on my bed. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into a hug. I couldn't hold it in anymore. And I cried. I cried for Chuck. I cried for everyone still in the maze. I cried for everyone that was killed by grievers. And I cried from the hectic ness of our escape.

Newt calmed me down a little by rubbing soothing circles on my back and whispering things like "you're okay." or "Chuck wouldn't want you to be upset."

Finally I calmed down.

"You should get some sleep." Newt said while laying me down. He tucked me under the covers then went to leave.

"Wait." I said just loud enough for him to hear me. He turned back around to face me. "Stay with me. Please?" Newt smiled and walked back over to me.

"Of course Tommy." He said before climbing into bed with me. I buried my face in his chest and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Goodnight, Newt."

"Goodnight, Tommy."

I felt him kiss me on the top of my forehead before sleep took over. Everything was fine for the moment. Until everything fell apart again.