Chapter 11

A/N I'm gonna make it where Newt doesn't know he likes guys that way in general. Therefore he doesn't know he likes Thomas that way yet.

I sat by Newt in 3rd period like always. We barely got any work done per usual. We just sat and talked and laughed the whole time. Somehow we didn't get in trouble. I think Mrs. Perry is partially deaf or something.

Then came 4th period basketball. Then finally lunch. Although there is one downside to lunch. Sonya.

Sonya is a girl in our grade who pinned after Newt for 2 years and Newt just recently decided to start dating her. Yeah he has a girlfriend and I'm having dreams about us being together. Aren't I just the best friend in the world.

Anywho, Sonya is super clingy and really touchy-feely. She's always holding onto his arm or his hand. Sometimes she even puts her hand on his leg and it drives me crazy more than I'd like to admit.

I've been his best friend since kindergarten. I can tell when he's happy and when he's not. Let's just say he's not the happiest camper when he's with her. I hate seeing him not 100% happy.

"So, Tommy, am I still coming over tonight to study for that big math test tomorrow?" He asks.

"Yeah sure if you-"

"New tie I thought we were gonna study together tonight." Sonya pouted. I didn't like the way she said study. it was obvious she meant something else. From the look on Newt's face he noticed that too.

"Sorry Sonya. This is a really important math test we have to study for." That was a lie. This was barely even considered a test. Its just a CSU (check for student understanding).

Sonya pouted some more but finally gave up. "Fine go spend time with your friend."

"Thanks for understanding sweetie."

That hurt.

Sonya lent in and kissed him on the cheek.

That killed me.

Then Newt kissed her cheek as well.

I'm dead.

I had to get out of there. I made some excuse about going to finish some English homework real quick before 5th period and left. I ran to the library with tears gathering in my eyes.

I don't get it. Newt's my best friend why am I acting like this? Gosh what is wrong with me?!

I reached the library and headed to a table in the back corner hid behind bookshelves. It's in the biography section so I wasn't to worried about someone stumbling across me.

What I didn't expect was for someone to follow me.

"Tommy what's wrong?" I looked up, glad that I had whipped my eyes before I sat down.

"Nothing's wrong Newt. I just have to finish English home-"

"I know for a fact that's bullshit."

"No it's-"

"I'm in your English class. We didn't have homework." What is with people interrupting me today? Also fuck I can't believe I forgot he was in that class with me. I should of said I had Spanish homework I needed to finish before 6th period.

"Right. Forgot about that."

"Seriously, Tommy, what's up?"

"I...I can't tell you Newt." I manage. The look that crosses Newt's face is one I never want to see again. Hurt, sadness, and a touch of anger.

"What, what do you mean you can't tell me, Tommy? We've been best friends since kindergarten. You can tell me anything." I winced. I hated keeping stuff from Newt but this is something I really can't tell him.

"Newt you know I would tell you anything. I would tell you this but this is the one thing I can't tell you. It tears me up that I can't tell you. I want to tell someone and you're the only person I want to tell, but I can't." I whispered harshly. Maybe a little too harshly cause he backs up a little.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me, Tommy." To prove his point he drops his stuff and sits down. I just sighed. "Now I noticed when I got here that your eyes were a little red and puffy. Where you crying?"

Great he saw. Somewhat.

"No, there was just something in my eye." He gives this look that clearly states "I know you're bullshitting." But I ignore it. After a couple minutes of awkward silence the bell finally rings and we head off to English.