Chapter 6

Thomas POV

We soon found out the boys name was Aris and that he had no clue what happened to Teresa. I was actually just a little okay with the kid until he started talking to me in my head.

I looked at him. So apparently me and Teresa aren't or at least weren't the only ones who could do this. This have me slight relief but then I decided that if it wasn't Teresa I didn't want to talk to anyone inside my head. That was our thing.

We must have been staring at each other for a long time because Newt spoke up.

" Whats going on?" He looked back and forth between me and Aris. "Why're you guys looking at each other like you just fell in love?"

"He can do it to." I informed.

"Do what?" I heard someone from the group ask.

"That talkin in their heads thing shuck-face." I heard Minho say.

I squeezed Newt's hand. I really just wanted to get out of here. He squeezed back.

"What's that on his neck?" Someone asked pointing at Aris's neck. Minho was the first one to get to him. He pulled the boys collar down so he could see the writing.

"It says 'The Partner' What the shuck is that suppose to mean?"

"I don't know." Aris swatted Minho's hand away from him.

"Geez man you don't have to get so violent I was just askin." Minho responded with a mock hurt expression on his face.

"Hey Minho you got something on your neck too." I pointed out. He went into the bathroom to look in the mirror and read it himself. Soon we noticed we all had it written on our necks.

"Subject A5 The Glue." I told Newt. I ran my fingers lightly over the tattoo on his neck.

"The glue?"

"Yeah I guess because you're like the glue that holds us all together. I don't know. What's mine say?"

"Subject A2..." He gulped. "To be...killed... by group B." He mumbled just loud enough for me to hear him. I must have looked worried because Newt continued, "Don't worry Tommy of those group B girls come anywhere near you we'll beat them to the bloody curb." I smiled a small smile at him. He always knows how to make me feel better. I leaned in and kissed him not caring about who saw.

Then there was a ringing. Like the ringing that went off when a new Greenie was dropped off in the box at the Glade.