Chapter 1

Thomas POV

I was sitting in my usual spot in the corner on the glade hidden by all the trees. Teresa walked up to me and sat down. It's been about a week since she woke up from her coma.

"You should tell him." She says after a couple minutes of silence. She's the only person that knows about my feelings for Newt and luckily she supports me.

"He would probably laugh in my face." I say while twiddling my thumbs and looking off in the distance at nothing in particular.

"You don't know that. What if he likes you too?" She says. I look down at my thumbs. She senses I'm not going to respond so she speaks again. "You never know unless you try."

Of course she's right but I don't know if I want to go through the humiliation that will come if he says no. That would probably be worse than going through the changing. She pats me on the shoulder then stands up.

"Just think about it." She says then walks off. I get comfy and I'm almost asleep when I hear a twig snap. I sit straight up and look in the direction the noise came from. I gasp when I see that it's Newt. He walks over.

"Hey Tommy." He says.

"Hey Newt. Is something wrong?" I ask. Why else would he have come back here.

"Nothin' I just wanted to talk to you." He says. I pat the ground next to me where Teresa was just sitting not even a minute before Newt came. He takes my gesture and sits down. His shoulder bumps against mine and my stomach does a flip.

"So I hear little Tommy has a crush on someone." He says with a smirk on his face.

"What were you eavesdropping?" I ask looking at him with a small smirk on my face.

"Maybe." He says. I just look at him and he hurries to explain himself. "I was going on a walk to clear my thoughts and I heard voices and followed in the direction they came from."

"Oh." I say. Why did me and Teresa have to have such loud whispers.

"Sooo who does little Tommy have a crush on?" He asks nudging me. I blush when his shoulder hits mine and my stomach does another flip. I hope he doesn't notice my blush. He looks at me with a look telling me he expects an answer but I don't know if I can so I just stare back.

The next thing I know I'm leaning in and start kissing him. Newt is in shock. When I go to break the kiss he snaps out of his shock and pulls me closer and starts kissing back. I feel a smile break across my face as we kiss which makes him smile too.

"Geez Tommy I didn't know you liked me like that." Newt says after we finally break apart for air.

"Well from what I can tell you were kissing back." I said with a smirk on my face. Suddenly I realize that sometime during our little make out session I ended up sitting on Newts lap. I blush and go to get off but he pulls me back down.

"If only I would of found out about your crush on me sooner." He says as he leans in and sucks on a spot on my neck. I moan and lean my head back to make it easier for him. Soon he pulls back and looks at where he was sucking and smiles at his work. I feel myself smile at his smile then lean in to kiss again. Eventually we break apart again for air.

"I should probably go back." He said sadly. I frown. "I'll come back tomorrow." He added quickly. I nod sadly. I can't believe he already has to leave. He kisses me then I stand up and help him get up. We hug then he kisses me again and then says that he'll miss me and walks off.

Soon I'm laying back in my spot, comfy, and happily thinking of what just happened as I fall asleep.