Chapter 7

A/N first off I'm sorry it took me so long to update. And also sorry this won't be that close to the book.

Thomas POV

I bury my face into Newts chest to try and block out the loud ringing. Once it stops I realize the door had been locked and Minho and some others are trying to get it open. Eventually they do.

The lights are off again. Someone, I don't know who, made there way to the light switch. It took awhile but they eventually found the light switch and the room flooded with light once again. Except this time there were no bodies. We couldn't have been in Aris' room long enough for someone to take all the bodies. Where did they go?

I squeezed Newts hand. Some Gladers where already huddled up trying to come up with an escape plan. I was too tired to think straight anymore and by the looks of it so was Newt. I led him back to the room we were in last night where I also noticed the cranks, as they call themselves, where gone.

I lay down then scoot over to give Newt room. When he climbs in I wrap my arms around his waist and burry my face in his chest. His arms snake around my waist as well. He kisses the top of my head.

"Really? Is that what you call a kiss goodnight?" I ask with mock hurt in my voice.

"Well you have your bloody face buried in my chest so I went with the next best thing." He said trying to defend himself.

"Ye..." Newt cuts me off with a kiss. I immediately respond. After a couple of minutes I deepen the kiss. Newt soon starts trailing kisses down my jawline and down my neck. He stops to suck on a soft spot before trailing the kisses back up to my mouth. I can already tell he left a hickie. Again. But right now I really don't care.

When we break apart it's because we can't go any longer without air. Newt decides to take this time to look at the work he did on my neck. He smiles. God I love his smile. And his eyes. And his hair that's so soft. And his accent. And everything about him. I love him. But I decide not to tell him, yet. I don't want to scare him or something. Oh shuck it! We could die any day and I would rather not die or have him die without knowing.

"Stop thinking so bloody hard. Your face is gonna end up getting froze like that." He says.

"Sorry." I say trying to figure out what to do.

"Seriously what are you thinking about?"

"I love you." I blurt out before I lost my courage. "Sorry but I would rather not have something happen to one of us and you not know." I divert my eyes away from Newts face. He grabs my chin and turns my head back to look at him and kisses me.

After a few minutes we break apart and he whispers "I love you too." Then I crash my lips back onto his.

A/N sorry it's a somewhat short chapter