Part Three

Jades P.O.V.

I stand there in shock, tears pouring down my face.

"He's never talked to me like that." I say in disbelief "Even when we fought, he never said anything like that."

Joshua stands there looking at me "I'm sorry, he shouldn't have said that to you." He gives me a hug.

"Excuse me I'm going to bed." I grabbing his hands and putting them to his side "Thank you for defending me."

I get ready for bed and go to grab Aaron's hoodie I usually sleep in. Maybe he's right, maybe I am overbearing in this relationship. But he could've been nicer about it.

I drop it into the hamper and open my drawer and grab a night gown. I grab my phone and my fingers instantly goes to text him. I type out "I'm sorry." and go to bed.

I wake up to my mom yelling "Jade your gonna be late hurry up!"

"I'm up, I'm up." I shoot up out of bed and grab a hair tie and throw my hair into a messy bun.

I look at the time and see it's 6:30 and I still have time to shower. I grab my stuff and head to the bathroom as I go to open the door it opens to reveal a wet shirtless Joshua.

My face goes hot and I slap my hand over my eyes "Oh my goodness I'm so sorry!" I shout and he lets out a low chuckle.

"Jade it's fine," he says taking my hand off of my eyes.

"Yeah, sorry," I say and stepping into the bathroom.

I immediately look the door and look at myself in the mirror. My face is flushed, I put my hand in my chest  my heart feels like it's going to burst.

"That man is hot." I whisper to myself "But I have a boyfriend and Joshua is just trouble."

I jump in and quickly wash my body, I don't have time to wash my hair. I get out and put on my uniform and curl my hair.

"Jade are you ready your mom wants us to go together." I hear Joshua say knocking in the door.

I open the door a bit "We can't go together." I say quickly and go to close the door but he grabs hold of it.

"And why not?" He ask annoyed.

"You know. Aaron wouldn't like it."

"And you really care about his feelings after last night." He rolls his eyes.

"Yes. I'll admit he hurt my feelings but I'm just gonna give him some space."

I look in the mirror fluffing my hair a bit, I can feel him staring at me.

"Look princess," I turn and glare at him which only makes him smile "I'll be in the car waiting for you."

I grab my bag and head out the door, Joshua is sitting in the driver's seat. I ignore the fact that it's my car and gets into the passenger's seat.

"Hungry?" He asks pulling out of the of the driveway.

"Yeah, but we don't have time to stop and get anything."

"Who says," he rolls his eyes "As long as we bring Mrs. P something she'll give us an excused tardy."

I go to say something but he's already pulling into the drive-thru. I tell him what I want then check my phone and see I have any messages.

Where are you? - Aaron

Skipping school with him? - Aaron

I start typing a response and before I can hit send I get a call.

"Why are you at Starbucks?" Aaron says before I can even say hello.

"I wanted something for breakfast and I just stopped on my way."

"Is he with you?"

"Yes, speaking of." I grab my wallet out of my bag "Here you go Joshua," I hand him a twenty.

"No, I got it." He pushes my hand always.

"Thank you." I smile "Well be there in 10 minutes."

"Yeah." I hear the call go dead.

He hands me my croissant and coffee, "Here you go gorgeous."

I grab my stuff and roll my eyes, "Please this isn't some cliche rom-com where your gonna woo me out of my relationship."

"Fine," he laughs "But in all honesty he doesn't seem like he deserves you."

The drive to school is short, he hums along to whatever song he had on playing. We pull into the parking lot and he runs over and opens my door.

"You don't need to do that,"

"Yes I do," he smiles.

We walk into the office to grab a late pass and Mrs.P smiles at Joshua, "My sweetie brought me some breakfast," she then turns to me and her face turns into a mixture of shock and confusion.

"Out of all the girls in this school I thought you'd be the last person walking in late with him."

"Oh no, he's staying at my house for a while." My I can feel my face burning red.

"Yeah. Her boyfriends "way" better than me." He says sarcastically while lazily throwing an arm around my shoulder.

I roll my eyes and wait for my tarty slip. I grab it and make my way to class, trying my best not to be loud in the echoey halls. As I turn the corner I run into Aaron.

"Oh hey Aaron," I smile and he just rolls his eyes and walks past me.

I continue walking trying my best to ignore the pain from his cold shoulder, and I then run into Abby walking out an empty class room fixing her uniform.

"Hi Abby good morning." I smile, we used to be best friends until freshman year.

"Shouldn't you be with your new little boy toy?" She sneers.

"I-I um Joshua and I are just friends, if you want to date him or anything I could totally try and set you up." I say looking down at my feet.

"Babe if I wanted him I'd have him." She laughs lowly "In fact any guy you could possible be interested in will always want me more."

She walks away before I could say anything else. I make my way into the library since I have library aid first period. I grab my cart and start putting books away.

The librarian calls me over and I see Joshua standing there with a smile on his face waving at me. I walk over and he hands me a notebook.

"You forgot this in the car." He smiles looking down at me.

"Oh yeah this is my journal, I write in it at the park." I smile taking it from him.

"That's cute." He leans on the counter "Let's go on a picnic to the park so I can watch you."

"That sounds like a date Joshua and we aren't a couple." I laugh.

"Well, maybe it can be something we do to get to know each other better as friends. We are gonna be living with each other."

"Okay, fine but you are in charge of getting it all together cause I have chores when we get home."

He nods and turns walking away happily.