Part Ten

Jades P.O.V.

We start packing up the car around ten so we don't get home too late. I can feel eyes getting heavier the closer we get home.

"You can fall asleep Jade it's fine," I hear Joshua say softly.

**********************************************
I wake up and begin getting ready for church, I throw on a cream sweater and rust flowey skirt. I just do a simple messy low bun and I go out to tell Joshua I'm leaving and gonna make some breakfast.

I walk out and he's sitting in the living room wearing a blue dress shirt and some khaki slacks.

"Um are you coming with me?"

"Uhh duh," he smiles and grabs my hand "Now let's go so we can get Starbucks."

I grab my purse as we drags me out to the car. Like a gentleman he opens my door and he runs to the other side and jumps in. We pull up to window and he gets my order. I reach over and give her my phone to scan before he can pay.

"Ughh not cool Jade, not cool," he says annoyed.

"Look at me Joshua, I'm very capable of paying for our food and if it bothers you just pay for lunch."

"Fine, but I was gonna pay for lunch anyways." He says pouting.

I roll my eyes and we make our way to the church. I scan the parking lot and see an familiar car but I can't quite figure out who's it is. Once park I quickly run into the sanctuary and see Joaquin.

"Joaquin!" I shout and run over and give him a big hug.

"Jay bird," he smiles and picks me up swinging me around.

"How come you didn't tell me you were coming?"

"Well it kinda was last minute my mom was going out of town and it was either be stuck at home bored or come visit my grandparents."

"And here I thought you wanted to see me?" I push him slightly.

"So who's the dude awkwardly standing behind you?"

"Oh this is Joshua, he's staying with me and my mom for the year," I nod at Joshua to come closer but he just nods at him.

"Oh okay," Joaquin stretches out his hand "I'm Joaquin, me and Jade practically grew up together."

Joshua begrudgingly shakes his and just goes over and sits down towards the front.

"He seems grumpy?" Joaquin laughs.

"Yeah, he wasn't like this earlier so I guess he's really bothered by the fact I payed for breakfast."

"Yeah, maybe" he looks over at him "Anyways let's get lunch and I haven't seen you or Aaron in forever."

"Oh yeah, Aaron and I broke up but you're more than welcome to invite him to lunch."

"Oh why'd you guys break up?"

"Just didn't feel like we were growing together, well anyways I'm gonna go church is about to start."

I run up to the front and begin getting ready for church. I make sure to pray since I'm gonna be singing in the choir today. Church starts and worship was just amazing and I can't wait for what pastor is going to preach.

"You did amazing?" Joshua says smiling at me.

"Thank you," I smile

**********************************************
Once church is over I say buy to everyone and meet Joaquin by my car.

"So Jay bird and mr. Grumps where we eating?"

"Um I was thinking we could do Mexican," I say throwing my purse in the car.

"Sounds good to me, so do we want La Fiesta or El Faro?"

"La Fiesta sounds good," I turn to Joshua "what do you think joshiepoo?"

"Sure that sounds fine." He says barely looking from his phone "Is it fine if my two of my friends join?"

"Yes of course," I smile at him "Well meet you there."

We get in the car and Joshua still seems annoyed. I brush it of figuring he's just tired since we've kinda been going nonstop. Also the fact that he's probably not used to living with a roommate considering he's an only child and his mom works so much, but I should probably check on him.

"Hey are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just felt awkward being with your best friend."

"Well don't worry, he's not scary," I laugh "unless you were to do something stupid involving me cause he would become scarier than hulk."

"So how'd respond to Aaron?"

"I didn't tell him. We all grew up together but I know for a fact Joaquin would do something stupid." I laugh "plus I'm tired of thinking about it."

We pull into the restaurant and get a table for five. Joshua warms up to Joaquin and the start talking about football or soccer. I tried to keep up but I just kept getting confused.

After about five minutes I see Colton and Sage Miller walk in, it caught my eye cause for one they're a pair of gorgeous twins and two Colton's Joshua's best friend.

"Joshua, what's up," Colton greets them and they do that bro hug thing "you did not tell me miss america was joining us for lunch?" He says extending his hand to me.

I reach over to shake his and he grabs it and kiss the top which cause my cheeks to flush. Joshua pushes him slightly and tells him to cut it out.

"Hi Sage," I say greeting her and she smiles and waves then Joshua pulls out the sit next to him and she sits down.

I introduce Joaquin to them and we all begin to chat, the waitress comes over and takes our order. I notice Colton looking at me and I look over and lock eyes with him.

"So Jade I heard that your single now," he says.

"Yeah," I try and laugh it off.

"Cool, so you wanna hang out sometime," he says flashing me a signature bad boy smirk.

I can feel me face warming up and then a I hear someone drop they're cup followed my Colton cursing.

"Oh bro I'm sorry," Joshua says handing him napkins "It just slipped out of my hand."

"Dude it's fine," Colton says trying to dry his jeans.