Part Seven

Jades P.O.V.

Once we get into the store, I immediately begin grabbing fresh fruits such as strawberry and blueberries. I also make sure to grab some fruits to make a fruit salad which honestly, I'm only doing it because I need something to look forward tomorrow.

"Do you think you'd be okay making waffles tomorrow?" I turn to ask him and he's on his phone "Cause if not I can do it but if you can it'd be a great help."

"Uhh, yeah I can do that." he nods.

I go and grab the pancake mix which thankfully it's the right next to the orange juice. Taking a minute, I calculate how many people I think are actually going to show up. I'm counting on at least ten people showing up so I grab two things of orange juice and a two gallons of milk.

"Did you finish off the chocolate syrup?"

"How'd you know it was me?"

"Let's see, it was left out on the counter, I don't drink milk, and my mom only uses it to make milkshakes."

"Wow, you should be a detective." He laughs.

I roll my eyes and let out a little chuckle "We'll lets go get it and then leave."

We make our way over to the chocolate syrup and I grab the biggest one they had "So you can enjoy some chocolate milk."

"Thanks princess," He smiles and pushes the basket to the front.

We go checkout and make our way to the car.

"Once we get home I call dibs on the shower."

"Of course," he smiles "Also we should watch a movie."

"Okay, you get the popcorn ready and there's some sodas in the fridge. I'll take a quick shower"

Once we get to the house and unload the groceries I hope into the shower. Once I feel the hot water roll down my back I feel the tension release. I wash my hair with some vanilla scented shampoo and conditioner. I then grab some vanilla coconut body wash and scrub myself down.

I get out and put on my fluffiest pajamas, I then grab my fuzzy socks and put them on. I follow the buttery smell of the popcorn into the living and see Joshua picking out a movie.

"How cute, look at you in your little bunny socks," he smiles and pulls me onto the coach "and you smell good too."

"Thank you."

I resist the urge to snuggle into him and just grab the can of coke, "Let's watch something funny."

"Of course," he smiles "how about we watch Grown Ups."

I nod my head and grab some popcorn. Joshua drapes his blanket over me and wraps his arm around me. I give in and rest my body against him, soon I start feeling drowsy.

"Just sleep, you've had a rough day," I hear Joshua whisper.

So I do I relax and soon drift off wrapped up in his arms
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
As soon as I wake up I realize that Joshua put me in my room and plugged my phone in, which puts a smile on my face.

I begrudgingly get up and put my hair in a messy side braid and open my closet to pick out an outfit. I settle on a dusty pink floral top with a sage green overall dress with a gingham pattern.

I make my way to the kitchen and begin washing fruit. I cut up and arrange it on a cute platter and place it on the breakfast nook. I then put some other toppings in some cute bowls and set out the sign i lettered the other day.

I then put on my apron and begin making my mix. I then plug in my waffle maker and spray it. I hear a groggy good morning behind me and feel a slight pressure on my head. I quickly turn around to see a shirtless chest, my eyes shoot up and I see Joshua giving me a sleepy smile.

"Did you just kiss my head?"

"Maybe. Anything I can do to help?"

"You don't need to help I got." I shoot him a smile.

"I know there's something I can do so let me help." He says wrapping his arms around me.

"Fine if it'll get you t let go of me I need to put the bacon in the oven it's already preheating. You just need to put it on the sheet pan and put it in."

"Yes ma'am."

I finish my pancakes and surprisingly didn't make a giant mess of my kitchen. After I put the rest of my dishes in the sink, I grab some dish ware and head into the dinning room.

"Jadeee!" I hear Joshua yell "I heard someone knock!"

"Okay I'll get the door you get dressed." I yell back and set the dishes on the table and run to answer the door.

"Hi, welcome come in," i usher them in "make yourself comfortable food is ready, all that needs to be done is everyone else getting here and I need to set the table."

"Aww your outfits so cute," my friend Nicole says.

"Thank you." I say blushing. Joshua walks out and all eyes are on him, "oh yeah Joshua is staying at my house so he'll be joining us."

They all just nod their heads and Nicole follows me into the dinning room.

"So not trying to be a buzzkill or anything but we all heard about Aaron." She says as soon as we're out of earshot.

"Oh that we broke up or-," I trail off.

"Both, he kinda told us."

"When?" I ask shocked.

"Last night," she says helping me set the table "We have another group chat cause we wanted to surprise you for the anniversary of Bible club since you know it started freshman year and we're seniors and he just said he owed us an explanation."

"Can I be honest?"

She nods her head.

"I think he only told y'all cause he thought I would. But in all honesty I wouldn't, because he hurt me not and broke my trust. I'm also not gonna stop him from being in the group and hanging out with us all. This group is for everyone and even though it hurts to see him right now he's forever welcome."

"This is why I love you, because your so loving. And just an fyi we all support you and we told him that."

She gives me a huge hug, and we suddenly hear all the laughter from the living room go away. So we walk back in and there Aaron is holding Abby's hand.