Part Nine

Jades P.O.V.

I go quickly change into my favorite snoga and crew neck. I then order some pizza and a couple of sodas from sonic. I hear a knock on my door, and I tell him to come in. I sit down and slip on some sneakers and then turn to see if he's ready.

"Roll out," He says grabbing my hand and leading us out of the house.

We pick up a few things from the gas station down the street from my house then head to sonic.

I check in as soon as we get there and luckily it doesn't take long for our drinks to come out. We then make our way to Pizza Hut and Joshua runs in and gets it. We get on the road and i turn and stare at Joshua.

"Question." I say catching his attention.

"Shoot."

"When is the acceptable time to start crushing on someone else after a relationship?"

"I have no idea, as you may know I've never actually been in a relationship."

"Wait really?"

"Yeah, kind of was too busy with the whole man whore thing." He chuckles nervously "But like I also haven't done anything in a year."

"Why is that?"

"At first it was kinda just boredom with it all and I got tired of using girls and then after a eight months or so I noticed someone."

"Oh," my thoughts go quiet after he says he has a crush on someone "Is she someone from our school or online?"I honestly don't know why I'm asking cause it's not like it matters to me.

"She goes to our school, and she's just a such a little drop of heaven I don't know how I missed her for so long since we live in such a small town." He smiles.

"She's literally the sweetest person I know, and she had these gorgeous eyes that I hopefully get to see sparkle with joy everyday." He's face lights up with pure happiness while describing this mystery girl.

"Well you seem really into her," I smile trying to hide the fact I feel as tho I've just been punched in the gut.

"Oh Jade my dear, I am more than into her." He flashes me the most genuine smile Ive ever seen on him.

I smile back at him and grab my phone and begin scrolling. I go to Instagram and see some of the girls from today posted pics of the brunch. I comment on a few of them.

"What's your Instagram handle?"

"Josh_uaaaa with three a's."

I quickly look him up and follow him, his page is mostly blank expect for a few pics of him at parties, but the newest one was the group photo we took this morning after Aaron and the banshee left. I zoom in and see he had his arm around me during the picture and I didn't notice at the time, and the caption was simply "always down for waffles and good friends".

"Your caption is so cute and you should definitely tag me."

"Okay I'll tag you when we get home," he smiles.

I go and share the picture before we loose services, I simply caption it "my people 🤎" which is basic but still true. I make sure to tag everyone.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I jump out of the car as soon as we park and grab our stuff so we can enjoy the food. I make my way to the dinner party with Joshua not to far behind me. We begin eating and enjoy the sounds of nature.

"It's getting darker than I thought it would."

"Yeah, and cooler," I say pulling the sleeves of my shirt down.

"I knew this would happen," he laughs and pulls out one of his beanies and fits it on my head.

I smile and his hand trails down my face cupping my cheek before he pulls away. After we finish eating we quickly clean up and lay down a blanket.

Joshua lays down and I sit down next to him making sure to keep my distance. I look at the sky and try finding constellations but it's still to early to see that many stars.

I hear a shutter sound and turn to see Joshua with smiling at his phone.

"What was that?"

"Nothing just took a picture of you," he smiles and puts his phone away "Now come and lay down with me."

He grabs my arm and lays me down on his chest. I just lay there as he plays with my hair and I listen to his heart beat.

I try to ignore the fact that this feels like too much considering I just broke up with someone, and that maybe I shouldn't be forming a crush this early. Especially one someone who doesn't feel the same way.

He's honestly probably just this flirty due to his past with girls and I shouldn't read into it.

"Is something wrong princess?"

"No, just a little tired," I say.

He pulls my closer and starts point out constellation.

"Wait a minute," I smile "You're actually a dork."

"I am not."

"Are too," I sit up smiling him.

Joshua puts his head in my lap and I begin playing with his hair. I twirl his wavy black hair in my fingers and his eyes close as he relaxes. I trail fingers down the angular shapes of his face and i can see his mouth twitch into a little smile.

****************writer update*****************
This update is kinda all over the place but I've wanted to update for a while and took my wisdom teeth recovery as the time to do it. So it might not be the best but I'm going to start updating at least every two weeks. (If I don't pleasee don't hate me) I'm kinda a mess but this will be good :))