Part Eleven

Jades P.O.V.

"I'm gonna be honest I don't think that spill was an accident." Joaquin whispers.

"What reason would he have for spilling his drink all over his best friend?"

"Uh I don't know, maybe he isn't comfortable with his best friend flirting with you" he shrugs "He seemed pretty annoyed by me."

"I think you're just thinking into it." I laugh.

Once we get our food the table quiets down and I get a steal a couple glances at Joshua and Sage. They look really close considering the fact she's practically on his lap spoon feeding him rice.

"So gorgeous, are you going to the football game?" Colton asks.

"Um I don't know, I wasn't planning on it," I say taking a bite of my food.

"You should I'll let you wear my jersey," He smiles.

"Oh I didn't know you were playing this weekend." I smile "I'll go but I don't think I should wear your jersey."

"No, you should 100% wear his jersey dude," Joaquin says.

"For what?"

"For fun Jade," he laughs "Wear the jersey and make Aaron upset it'll totally throw off his game."

"Oh wouldn't you love that considering the fact we're playing you guys next week," I saw pushing him over "How about if you take me to lunch sometime this week I'll wear your jersey, but you must pay for my meal cause I want free food."

"It's a date then pretty girl," he smiles "give me your number and I'll text you."

He hands me his phone and I put my number in. I can feel someone staring at me and I turn to see Joshua watching the whole interaction, his face is just cold but I figure he's just zoned out and tired. I shoot him a smile and he just turns his attention back to sage how's playing with his hair.

We get the check and Joshua grabs it and heads to the counter without saying anything so I leave a tip and follow him out.

"Hey, do you want some cash, or I can pay for my meal if you want?" I saw finally catching up to his long strides.

"No, I just want to go home," he grunts.

"Okay, well I put a tip on the table, so you don't have to."

I go back and say bye to Joaquin. I say a quick bye to Sage tell her it was great meeting her, Colton then pulled me in for a hug and I could feel Joshua staring daggers into my back so I quickly let go and get in the car.

The car ride is mostly silent except for the slight drizzle that had star t coming down. It starts coming down harder the closer we get home and by the time we pull into the driveway its pouring.

"Want to wait it out?" I turn to Joshua.

"No, I'll go in and get the umbrella by the door for you though."

"No, no you don't have to do that we can go in now," I say opening the door to get out.

Before I can get out, I feel him grab my arm and he shoves his hoodie from last night into my hands "Put that one so you don't get wet."

I put the hoodie on and run into the house with Joshua not far behind me. Once we get in I immediately kick my shoes off and fall onto the couch. Joshua sits down next to me and leans against me. I wrap my arm around him and rub his shoulder and I can feel the tension begin to release.

"Please don't start a thing with Colton," I hear him whisper.

"What, why not?"

"Just please don't," He says turning to face me "I know Colton and I know he'll just end up hurting you."

"I think I can handle it Joshua."

He groans and lays back down in my lap. I continue rubbing his shoulders and he starts drifting off to sleep, once he's out I put a blanket around him and head to my room. I look at my phone and see that I got a text from Colton.

Hey pretty girl, this is Colton

Heyyy, so I was just joking about the whole lunch thing

No, it's fine I'd love to take you out- Colton

Okay, but just so we're clear it's just two friends getting lunch

Two good looking friends getting lunch- Colton

Haha

Also me and the football guy's are throwing a party after the game and you should totally come- Colton

I'll talk Joshua and if he's going I'll tag along

I see the three little dots appear and disappear. I plug my phone in and change into some pajamas and go and check on Joshua. I try my best to not wake him up but sadly he woke up.

"Aww look at how cute you look," He says stretching and pulling me onto his lap.

"Hey, so Colton invited me to this party, and I told him I'd only go if you were going,"

"Do you want to go."

"To be honest, I would be a little uncomfortable," I lean against him "but if you want to go we can party it up."

He smiles "I kinda wanna go but just for an hour, Sage already invited me and I told her I'd go."

"Oh yeah of course," I smile biting the inside of my cheek "You should definitely go, you two would be a cute couple just by the way."

"Oh thanks but I don't like her that way," he says giving me a weird look.

"Um okay, then," I laugh "I probably shouldn't have assumed that you were interested in her."

"Why would you think that?"

"I don't know you guys just seemed awfully cuddly today," I say realizing our current position "But I mean you and I are kinda touchy and your not into me."

"Okay well you and Colton were flirting pretty hard," he groans.

"Okay and?" I snap getting up and sitting on the chair.

"Nothing, just forget it." He says storming off to his room.