Part Eight

Jades P.O.V.

"Hey, Aaron and Abby why don't you come in. Yall showed up right on time I was just about to call everyone in to eat." I try and say as politely as I can.

Aaron awkwardly shows her around as we all shuffle into the dining room and take our seats around the table. Joshua quickly convinces whoever was next to me to switch places with him and sits down.

"Now do I have permission to break his nose?" He quietly whispers to me.

"No, I thought we talked about this Joshua."

"Yeah, but-"

"No buts, I'd rather see this than try and deal with the repercussions that we'll face if you try and go Jackie Chan on him."

I give him a stern look and he finally just slumps into his shoulder. Once everyone serves themselves, I get up and make sure everyone is doing okay. I figured if I was too busy being a good hostess then I'd forget about the brand-new couple in my house. That plan ultimately backfired when I had to come up with solutions to all of Abby's dietary restrictions.

"Yeah, I can't have any of this other than the strawberries," I hear her whine.

"Well let me go see if there's anything else," I make my way back into the kitchen.

I bring her some rice cakes and some almond butter. She looks at me like I'm an idiot and says she also can't eat any of that. I go back and try again and again, but every time I fail to meet her standards. I look to Aaron in hopes he'd come help me with his new girlfriend, but he just ignored my pleading stare.

"We'll this is all I have Abby, I'm sorry."

"Well, that's unacceptable!" she spits "You're not a very good host if you can't even meet all your guest's dietary restrictions."

"Well then next time, I'll get a list from you and make sure to meet all those." I smile at her.

"Sure, you will sweetie," She says bitterly.

I know everyone is watching the interaction, so I try my best to contain my reaction. So, I just nod and excuse myself to the kitchen. I lean my body against the counter and try and focus on my breathing. I close my eyes and count to ten then grab some more orange juice and go back.

"Anybody want more orange juice?" I go around and fill up everyone's cup and then sit back down.

I try and eat but at this point everyone has already had their fill, "So if everyone is done we can either go play some games in the backyard or we can go back into the living room. I bought a few new board games we can play or we can do charades."

"We should go to the living room," Jacob said.

We all make our way into the living room and we all make small talk.

"So Jade, got any plans for the summer?" Nicole asks.

"Not really, just Youth Camp and watching buzzfeed unsolved." I walk over to stand next to where Joshua was sitting on the couch.

"No wonder why Aaron got bored, sounds like you're pretty lazy." I hear Abby say under her breath.

"Excuse me Abby?" I say loudly so everyones eyes are on her.

"Nothing just said you sound boring, and it just makes me think."

"Look Abby, me and you are gonna have our issues but seriously there is no reason for you to be this obnoxious. I did nothing to you. I was the one who's life was just turned upside down by something you did, so if you have a problem with that. Please make your way outside of my house." I tell her.

She glares at me and then just storms out Aaron not far behind her.

"Okay guess I don't need to protect you," Joshua says wrapping his arm around my waist.

"I'm sorry y'all," I look down "I wanted this to be a fun thing we did but I ruined it."

"No, you did not ruin it," Nicole says "She did with your princess attitude."

"Well then let's get this party started."

We continue and begin playing some games. Joshua keeps turning to me and asking if I'm okay. Soon everyone leaves and I start cleaning up. After I load the dishwasher I pick up my phone and see I have three missed calls from Aaron and some text.

"Whatcha' doing?" I hear Joshua say as he walks into the kitchen.

"I'm just gonna call Aaron backed he called me a few times after he left."

"No, no, no. Homie had plenty of time to talk to you or stop his tyrant of girlfriend but he just sat there. Also it's not your place to be the fixer." He says grabbing my phone and holding it over his head.

"Okay but honestly I just need to apologize and then hopefully it'll be alright."

"It can wait till later or even never." He smiles at me, and I just lean against his chest. He rubs my head and I just relax against him. Abby turned what was supposed to be a fun event into a very stressful morning.

"Thank you, for being my emotional support for the past few days." I smile up at him.

"Of course," he gives me a shy smile "Plus I'm gonna be honest I'm secretly a huge softy but only for cute girls."

I feel a cheeks heating up and I burry my face into his chest. He lets out a low chuckle and it vibrates through his chest. I finally get up and finish putting the left overs away.

"Wanna go stargazing out tonight?" Joshua asks "We can get pizza and snacks drive up to the mountains."

"Sounds like fun," I smile at him "If we leave now we can hang go on a hike or something."

"This is going to be so fun!" he says smiling at me "Let me go get changed."