Part Twelve

Jades P.O.V.
I sit there for a while before deciding to go bang down his door. I don't know why he's in this mood but I'm not gonna let him bottle it up.

"Joshua I don't know who you think you are but I'm this house we talk things out," I yell at him banging on his door.

"Jade, I don't want to talk to you!" He says opening the door.

I walk into the room and sit on his bed, "Why does it upset you that I 'flirted' with Colton."

"Because you just got out of a bad relationship and you don't need to get into another one, especially with my best friend." He says standing over the bed

"Look at me Joshua," I pull him over to sit on the bed with me "I don't want a relationship with him, I just was having fun and doing something stupid."

"Oh, sorry."

"No dude it's fine, I get it you're looking out for me," I give him a smile "and look I wasn't trying to throw shade at you and Sage I actually meant it when I said you two would be a cute couple."

"Yeah there's no way me and her could date," he laughs "She just had no boundaries, I've told her I didn't like having her all up in my business and she just doesn't care."

"Oh I'm sorry."

"It's fine," he groans "I don't mind, she only does it when she breaks up with someone."

I watch as him as he lays on the bed and I lay next to him and lay my head on his chest. I listen to his heart beat speed up before gradually slowing down. He plays with my hair and I snuggly up closer with him and he wraps a blanket around us.

**********************************************

I wake up with Joshua's arms wrapped around my waist and I check my Apple Watch and see that it's 7pm. I look up and see he's still asleep, I contemplate waking him up but he just looks so peaceful.

"Wake up Joshie," I gently shake his arms.

"Noo," he groans.

"Dude we can't sleep all day we have school tomorrow,"

"Put your so snuggly," he says holding onto me tighter.

"I'm hungry," I groan.

"Okay princess," he lets go of me "Where do you wanna go?"

"I can cook you know," I smile "How does green chili alfredo?"

"Oh my gosh that sounds so good."

I get up and head into the kitchen, Joshua following behind. I go around and grab everything I need for dinner. I start my water to boil and preheat the oven.

"Hey, so tomorrow I'm gonna work out after school.

Once I finish making dinner I put everything on the table. Joshua thankfully had taken notice that I was done and had started setting the table.

"Thanks," I watch as he pours me a glass of tea.

"My pleasure my darling." He laughs as if he's gonna tell a joke then stops.

I serve him a plate and he immediately moans as he takes a bite.

"You act as if your eating T bone steak and not some pasta that takes twenty minutes to make."

"Oh honey anything you make is devine."

I laugh at him and start eating. I slurp up my pasta and enjoy the great wonder that's pasta. I grab a piece of garlic bread and begin to wipe up my extra sauce.

After we finish eating I go to clean up and Joshua says he'll do it.

"Okayy, well I'm gonna take a quick shower wanna watch a movie?"

"Yeah, sounds good."

I run over and grab a cute pajama set my mom got it's a tank and shorts set with stars all over them. Before I hope in the shower I put my hair in a quick messy bun since I don't plan on washing it today. I quickly scrub down my body and wash off.

Once I'm out of the shower I walk into the living and smell that Joshua is sadly burning popcorn.

"Hey, it's fine go pick the movie and I'll make snacks." I laugh grabbing the bag he was about to put in a bowl and throwing it away.

"No, I wan-" he stops mid sentence looking me up and down "where'd you get that?"

"What? I thought they were cute do you not like them?"

"No, I love it." He smiles and quickly walks away.

I shrug it off and begin making some popcorn, i grab a bowl and get out my pop corn toppings. Once it's done I take it out and doctor it up to make it taste to my liking. I then grab some candy I had stashed for my monthly binge of criminal minds and then a couple of drinks.

I walk over and set it down on the coffee table. I sit down next to Joshua and he quickly covers me in a blanket.

"Don't want you to get cold," he says smiling.

"It's fine I'm kinda hot." I smile taking the blanket off.

I hear him mumble something under his breath.

"What?"

"Oh uh I picked despicable me," he says staring at the tv.

"Nice," I scoot over to the edge of the couch and turn and extend my legs.

The movie starts and I honestly am just staring at Joshua most of the time. Like is it weird that I want make a move, but also don't want anything to change. I like his friendship and he's gonna be here for a year if I do anything stupid it'll make things awkward. He turns and looks over and i quickly look away. Busted!

I can hear him chuckle and he scoots over closer and puts my legs on his lap. He doesn't say anything just lightly trials his fingers on my thighs. I try and focus on the movie, which even tho it's funny it's just not my vibe.

"You should wear more of these," Joshua says tugging at the hem of my shorts.

"Why?" I look at him confused.

"Cause you look hot in them?" He says before getting up and kissing my cheek "Goodnight."