Part Five

Jades P.O.V.

Thankfully Joshua doesn't pester me with questions about Aaron. I know he doesn't like Joshua and I hanging out but what else am I supposed to do. I can't kick the dude out because my mom invited him in, and ignoring him won't make the situation go away.

"Jade, are you okay?" Joshua ask hesitantly.

"Well, to be honest I'm not, but I also have no idea how to make this better," I park the car in the drive way.

"I don't think he realizes what an amazing women he has in his life." Joshua grabs my hand and messages his thumb on my hand "Just try talking to him, if he keeps being defensive and blocking you out maybe he just needs a break. Sometimes they do more good than harm."

I nod my head and grab my phone to text Aaron.

Wanna go grab dinner? My moms working late so I figured we could go out my treat. Feels like it's been forever since we got to just talk <3 love you

I'm busy, but how about we FaceTime when I get home?- Aaron <3

Okayy, just shoot me a text before you call :))

I head into the house and go to my room and do some homework. When I finish I head over to the guest room and knock. I hear some shuffling then after a while the door opens with a very shirtless Joshua. My eyes immediately shoot up and I'm hear him laugh at me.

"Dinner, what do you want?" I ask trying my hardest to avoid his torso.

"Wasn't I supposed to take you on a picnic?" He asks.

"Do you want to do that now or tomorrow?"

"Today, we have church tomorrow, now go change out of your uniform and get dressed into something more comfortable."

I groan and head back to my room, I change into something simple just a jean skirt and an old camp shirt. I lay down for a bit until Joshua calls me out.

"Jj ready, I figured you didn't really want to go out, so I figured we'd just do it in the backyard." He walks me out to the backyard.

He has a blanket set up and some throw pillows set up along with some pizza. For the short amount of time, he had it's a very cute set up and I'm highly impressed. 

"Wow, this is adorable," I smile "sorry for being a jerk."

"It's alright, I know you don't actually mean it. You're the sweetest person I know and you're having to deal with your weirdo boyfriend."

"He's not a weirdo," I laugh pushing him. 

"He is the biggest weirdo I've ever seen," he laughs "if I was your man, I'd jump at any chance to hang out with you, and I wouldn't get all defensive with you about going out to lunch with someone."

"You heard that?"

"Yeah, he wasn't very quiet, and if you want. Actually no, I shouldn't be meddling in your relationship." 

"No, I was actually going to talk about it with you. I think he's hiding something from me." I grab my phone from my pocket "I got this text will we were eating lunch today."

I give him the phone and he looks at it, his demeanor changes as he starts to realize what was actually on going on. 

"I also ran into him and Abby this morning and she said somethings that made me question whether or not he's being truthful, and that combined just makes me think he's cheating on me." 

He doesn't say anything, so I try reading his facial expressions, but his face is blank. I start to fidget the longer he stays silent. 

"I'm probably over thinking things, because of last night and trying to come up with an excuse to stay mad at him. He gave me flower's but he never actually apologized."

"Stop," He says sternly "stop dismissing your feelings. I don't think you're overreacting. I just needed a moment to collect myself, Jade if you have a gut feeling you're probably right. The fact he's been able to hide how he truly acts for so long suprise's me because you guys have been together for years. I don't want to say he is cheating but if he is, he's probably acting out of guilt and jealousy. You've never been in such close quarters with a man other than him, and with the knowledge of what he's doing to you and that you'd never even think about it is making him feel things."

"Thank you, thank you for being honest," I take a bite of my pizza.

We both just sit there eating in silence, it was awkward for a few minutes. I turn to him and see him with his eyebrows furrowed together and lean forward and rub my thumb along his brow. 

"Relax you'll end up with wrinkles." 

 He laughs and leans into my hand. I reach away quickly and finish up my food. Once wear done, I let him go inside telling him I'd cleanup for him. I send Aaron a quick text that I wanted to meet up at our spot. He says he'll be there in twenty minutes. 

"Joshua, I'm going out for a bit." I yell as I grab my keys and head out the door. 

On the drive there I think about what I'm going to say. I don't want to breakup, but I know he wants space. This isn't what they tell you how a relationship is during the sermons on it at youth camp. And I how do I explain to an elder what's going on, they all see Aaron and I as this perfect couple. They've been planning our wedding since we were both in diapers, it just seemed like it was all happening like it should. 

I don't even know if he still feels the same way as he did for me, or if he even liked me. What if the only reason he's with me is to make other people happy? If he doesn't want to be with me, I don't want to hold him back. If us breaking up or taking a break will let him feel free, then I'm willing to do it. 

I pull up and he's already waiting for me. I grab my hoodie and put it on as I walk up to him. 

"This is where we had our first date," I say looking at the water taking in the beauty. 

"We need to break up." He says emotionless.