Part Four

Jades P.O.V.

Aaron avoids me for the rest of the day so I decide to just hang out in the art room for lunch. I go to the closet and grab some watercolors. When my art teacher walks back into the class room he groans.

"Why are you here," he teases.

"Me and Aaron are fighting," I say calmly as I get my paints ready.

"Because of Abby?"

"No? Why would we be fighting over Abby." My interest peaked after hearing her name.

"She's been all over him for the past few weeks," he says nonchalantly "In fact for a while I thought y'all broke up until I saw you guys during hall duty."

"Well she's not the reason just yet. He's mad because my moms doing a favor for a friend and her son Joshua is staying at our house and he accused me of cheating on him with Joshua."

"Hmm, weird. Maybe he's deflecting," he says and soon we hear a knock on the door "Go see who it is."

I walk over and open the door and Joshua is standing there with a lemonade and Chick-fil-A "Good your friend was right, I brought you food since I figured you and Aaron were still fighting and I saw him leave with people."

"Thank you Joshua but you didn't have to," I say going to shut the door but he sticks his foot in and I just let him in.

"Heyy Mr. Terry," he says "Isn't Jade annoying." He teases and pulls a chair next to me.

"Shut up." I push him and he smiles.

Mr. terry ignored us and goes back to his computer. I begin laying down my first layer of colors and feel something poke my face. I look up and see Joshua sticking a chicken nugget in my face.

"You need to eat."

I roll my eyes and open my mouth so he can feed me the food. I finish and eat while I wait for it to dry.

"You used to have a thing with Abby right?" I ask and he shrugs he shoulders.

"By thing did we use to hook up a lot, yes. She was always more into starting a relationship than I was."

I nod my head and go to take a drink of the lemonade when I get a text.

Is he really the golden boy you know him to be- unknown

Attached to the message is a picture of Aaron and Abby at in a both together, looking very comfortable with each other.

"I'm not hungry anymore." I push the food aside "Thank you Joshua how much do I owe you?"

"But Jade you barely touched your food?" He's visibly confused "You don't owe me anything I was just hoping you'd eat. Is something wrong."

"Nope I'm just tired," I say and slip a twenty in his bag.

He goes to say something about it but I quickly interrupt him "Besides it's almost time for class and you should probably head to your class." I push him out of the class room.

"Are you sure there's nothing wrong." He ask trying to walk back in.

"Yes, and remember you have a picnic to plan," I shut the door and sit back down.

Mr. T gives me a look and I return it and he just laughs it off. I grab my phone and scroll through my messages from Aaron. I type out a message and debate on sending it but I decided not to. Instead I text the number who sent me the picture.

I know him, but I don't know you?

I see the three dots appear and the few seconds feels like hours and finally words appear.

Just know I'm someone who doesn't want to see you get hurt.

Hurt? What could they possibly mean. I can trust Aaron, and as far as I know Abby isn't over her ex.
************************************************************
As soon as the bell rings I make my way to the car and see Aaron standing next to it.

"Hey babe," he says with a bouquet of flowers in hand.

"Hey, how was lunch." I say putting my bag in the trunk.

"It was nice me and the boys went to McDonald's."

"Oh I thought you went out with Abby."

"No, where'd you get that idea." He laughs giving me a confused look.

"I heard a rumor," I lie "It's cool if you did, I trust you." I go to kiss him.

He pulls away "I came over to apologize, but if your gonna accuse me of something maybe I should leave."

"No, I'm not trying to accuse you of anything." I can see Joshua approaching but I hint at him to where he's at.

"I didn't go to lunch with Abby, and even if I did it's not like I've been spending all my time with her. Like you and Joshua, getting breakfast, eating lunch together in the art room and riding with each other to school."

"Okay, well me and him live together and be brought me lunch cause he wanted to be nice," I roll my eyes "If you want to have other friends and hangout with people, I don't care it doesn't bother me."

"Fine," he huffs and hands me the flowers "these were for you."