Chapter 3

White Rose: Silence
                                                             ❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
Zoe's POV

I spent the entire night tossing and turning, still unable to process the outrageously surprising fact that the handsome guy in the hoodie was a famous singer. What was he even doing in my shop? Oh right. He was buying flowers for someone who passed away. At least that was what I was guessing.

Once I woke up, my hair was a mess, my eyes were blessed with dark circles, and I was suffering from an extreme headache. All in all, I looked like a disgusting, sick baby panda. I walked towards the bathroom, the soft rug rubbing against my toes. As I showered and got ready for the day, I prepared myself for a meeting with Levi Jaxon. Not that I was sure that he was coming, but he might have been.

Since Harley was still not home, I took the Camry to the store alone, watching the chaos erupting around the town as I drove. Little kids playing in the park, teenagers walking to school, women setting up weird stalls for fundraisers and the usual events were taking place.

Knowing that most of these people lived relatively normal lives made me feel abnormal. Sometimes, the cheerful, crime free area made me feel like I didn't belong. All of my life, I believed that I belonged in an area with sadness, loneliness and an uncountable amount of losses. I had not moved out of town because of one detestable event, but because of a series of them.

I always felt like I had done something wrong. What did I do to deserve all of this? Am I really such a bad person? Such questions would pop into my mind, slowly weighing me down until I could no longer stand up.

Quickly shaking my head to get rid of my thoughts, I found myself outside of the shop. Walking towards the beautiful flower garden, I picked out the flowers that I needed, and quickly jotted some stuff down in my waiting list. As a few customers walked in, I quickly made myself busy.

My day was pretty hectic. The constant flow of the customers did not stop, making me run from place to place, trying to get everything together. I didn't have time to think about the person who had been occupying the space in my mind, rent free. Once it was evening, there were barely any customers left. Just the occasional two or three would show up. I decided to close the shop and head home, but just as I was heading towards the door, Levi Jaxon walked into the shop, looking like he owned the place.

My eyes widened and my heart started beating faster due to the knowledge that he was in my shop. Once again, he was adorned with a black hoodie and black ripped jeans, a pair of sunglasses and a hat that was covering his face. He reached the counter and looked straight at me, his lips set in a small smirk.

He said, "Judging by the way you're looking at me, I guess that you've figured out my secret. Am I right?"

I nodded at him and he smiled. He then walked closer towards me.

Leaning slightly over the counter, he murmured, "Well, I would appreciate it if you didn't use my visits as a way to advertise your shop. Oh, and also, you can tell no one about our encounter."

I was blushing brightly because of our proximity, but I didn't fail to notice the sudden intense frown on his face. Nonetheless, I nodded at him, making him straighten up and smile at me again.

He looked around the shop, and said, "I assume that you're closing your shop? Well then, can I treat you to a cup of coffee?"

This guy was way too forward. Wasn't he going a little too fast? Once I considered his offer, I realized that he might just want to be friends.

So, I replied by saying, "Yes, I would like that. But is it ok if I drive my car to the coffee shop? You may come with me."

Although he seemed like a nice enough guy, albeit his obvious cockiness, I still didn't trust him. If I was driving the car, I would easily be able to escape, in case something happened. My past experiences had taught me to be very careful about who I could and could not trust.

I wasn't about to make the same mistake as the one I made five years ago, just because a handsome superstar was smiling at me. With that thought in mind, I lead him to my car, closing the flower shop on the way. Thinking of one of my favorite café's, I started to drive.

Levi was silent the entire ride, making me feel nervous. In my opinion, silence was not very desirable. When silence showed it's face, so did dark and depressing thoughts about my life. It would usually result in me having a panic attack. I did not want that to happen so I quickly turned on some music.

Unfortunately for me, Levi's song was playing at that very moment. I could tell that he was getting uncomfortable, because he started to clear his throat and I saw the pink tint on his cheeks. I instantly turned it off, deciding on trying to make some kind of conversation with him.

"So, why are you in this town? Do you have a tour or some sort of an event?"

He smiled and said, "Actually, I live here."

Could this get any more embarrassing? I could feel my cheeks burning up, and my shy side showing it's face. Unfortunately, I couldn't hide my face with my hair, because it was tied back. Thankfully, we reached the café sooner than I had expected.

Quickly getting out of the car and untying my hair so that I could hide my face if needed, I walked into the aromatic café, inhaling the scent of freshly brewed coffee. Levi followed me inside, and instantly got a seat in a secluded area. Taking a deep breath, I followed him to the table. No matter how much I tried to think otherwise, my gut told me that there was something weird about the entire situation.

Finished! Thank you SO much for reading! If you enjoyed the chapter, please comment and vote. Love you guys!