Chapter 36

Cattail:Peace
  ❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
Zoe's POV

As I rushed through the streets, trying to reach my appointment on time, I couldn't help but think about Alyssa. I was happy that she had realized her mistakes, and gotten rid of Riley. I was even happier that she had apologized, and wanted to make things right between us again. 

When she had sat on the sofa, looking like the pretty sister that she always was, I could see some parts of the Alyssa that I knew and loved shining through her. She didn't seem like she was hiding behind a veil that shielded her eyes from the terrible reality of Riley. She seemed... to understand.

The wind was blowing through the open window, and I enjoyed it on my face. The streets weren't jammed with traffic, and I was speeding through the city. I was lost in my thoughts, and didn't hear the huge amount of noise that the wind made as it hit the car. I was at peace. Well, as peaceful as I could be without Levi. But it was the first time in years that I had been taken back to an actual portion of my past, and faced it properly.

My hair was open, and lightly moving behind me as the wind hit it. For the first time, I knew that my hair wouldn't remind me of the abomination of a sister that I once had. In fact, it would remind me of the happiness in my life that was yet to come. 

I would wait patiently for Levi, and in the meanwhile, I would face my past and move on, both with the help of therapy, and with Alyssa. I still had some deep resentment for her buried inside of me, but I knew that I would forgive her. Eventually.

As I reached my destination, I parked the car inside the parking lot. I quickly took the keys out of the ignition, fixed my hair in the mirror, and started to walk inside the building. It was full of people. Knowing that all of these people wanted help was weirdly comforting to me. It made me feel like I wasn't the odd one out. As if I belonged there, with all of the other people. I continuously took deep breaths, trying my best to get ready for what was about to happen.

I wanted to be able to talk about everything that I had gone through. To move on. The most effective way to do that was by consulting a therapist. That was the mantra that I had stuck inside my head at the time. The continuous mention of those words in my brain made me believe them fully. So, as I walked towards the therapists office, I was confident. Confident that I would be able to make it without breaking down.

Soon, I was in front of a door labelled "Miss Clara". I took a deep breath, and pushed the door handle, walking inside the room with a smile on my face. There stood a woman, smiling at me. She seemed to be in her forties, and by her kind smile and genuine eyes, I could tell that she was a good person. I smiled back, tucking my hair behind my ears shyly.

She motioned towards the sofa, saying "Take a seat, Zoe." I complied, sitting down on the comfortable, orangish sofa. "You're a very beautiful young woman."

I smiled at her, and said, "Thank you. You're very pretty too."

Her smiled never faded, and in her calm, quite voice, she asked, "How are you? And I don't want a meaningless "I'm fine". I want you to answer truthfully. Is that okay with you?"

Already anticipating such a situation, I nodded, and said, "This morning, I was a complete wreck, but after a few milestones, I feel much better."

She quickly noted something down on her notepad, and put it away, saying, "That's great. Zoe, I want you to know that I'm not any other therapist. I like to talk to my patients, and then make all of the notes, in order to be able to comprehend their stories deeply. If it's okay with you, will you be able to repeat your story twice?"

I answered with a nod of my head. I was prepared, and I knew that I could do whatever it took to live a happy life, and make full use of the time that Levi was away from my life.

She placed her notebook down, and folded her arms on the table, quietly saying, "So tell me, sweetie. Tell me your story, and why you're here today."

I prepared myself, and took a deep breath in. Then, I looked at the woman in front of me, and told her everything. Every little thing that I had gone through. Starting from my parents death, all the way up to the night that Levi had left. 

I tried to not miss a single detail, and constantly looked here and there, hearing my choked voice as I got to the parts that were hard to tell. But I remained strong, not once refraining from answering any of her well thought out questions.

By the time I was done, I felt relief overtaking me. I felt as if a humongous weight had been lifted off my chest, and like I could breathe again. The breath that I had been holding in for so long was finally out, and I could feel the fresh air moving in through my mouth. Miss Clara stared at me, a smile painted across her features.

She truly was an amazing woman. I didn't think much about it then, but later on, as I walked outside of the office with a smile on my face, I thought about just how much of a super-heroine she was. She was the reason that everything was going to be okay, and I couldn't thank her enough. 

She was my savior.

Finished! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! What do you think of Miss Clara? Let me know in the comments! Also, don't forget to vote and share! Love you all! Peace out!