Chapter 45

Tulip: Perfect love
❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

Zoe's POV

My heart thundered inside my chest, my mind only thinking of one person. Or at least hoping for that person. I wished with all of my heart that it was Levi, and gathering my courage and brushing my hair with my fingers, I stood up, slowly starting to walk towards the door.

I was scared, but also excited. Could it really be him? Soon, I was standing in front of the black, wooden frame, preparing myself to look through the peephole. I was scared. I didn't even know why, but I was extremely scared. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes to give myself a quick, internal pep talk, and opened them again. I leaned towards the door, seeing who it was through the tiny hole.

It was Harley. It wasn't Levi. Harley was standing outside the door, looking like she was about to burst. All of my excitement went away, and I suddenly felt like a deflated balloon. Rude, I know, but I couldn't help it. I gave myself a few seconds, trying to move the disappointed expression off of my face, and opened the door, managing to smile.

"Hey Harley! Did you need someth-"

I was pushed away, and Harley yelled, "I need your help! In the bathroom! Now!"

I was extremely surprised, and could feel my eyes widening, but didn't say anything, rushing after her. She pulled me into the bathroom with her, a wild look in her eyes. For a second, she did nothing, just continuing to hold my arm tightly in my hand. She proceeded to say something only when I started to stare at her.

"Oh! Well, uh... you see... I think I've gotten my period, and was feeling embarrassed. I needed you to give me a tampon.", she said, not meeting my eyes.

Something was definitely weird about this entire situation, and what she had said didn't make any sense. First of all, Jacob had been running to and fro trying to get Harley some tampons and snacks whenever she had her period, so why would she be embarrassed? Secondly, she had never before felt the faintest bit embarrassed asking me for a tampon whenever we were out with her boyfriend.

Before I could question her, she grabbed the tampon from the cupboard underneath my washing basin, and pushed me out. My eyebrows were furrowed, and suspicion was overtaking my emotions. What had she really planned? This was definitely a distraction.

Trying to take things in my own hands, I searched the house, feeling like she had hidden something. There was nothing in the kitchen, living room and balcony. The only place left to search was my bedroom. I walked towards it slowly, expecting a ketchup attack. Yes, Harley had done that before.

I slowly turned the handle of my bedroom's door. My heart was beating loudly as I expected some horrible surprise to spring itself at me. Not wanting to see the burst of red as the ketchup bottle squeezed it's contents out on me, I closed my eyes, holding my breath, and feeling like the ultimate awesome best friend for not ruining the prank.

To my complete surprise, nothing of the sort happened. Of course, I expected something horrible to take place, but I felt nothing. Still, I kept my eyes closed for at least a minute, expecting the worst. But nothing happened, nothing at all. I opened my eyes, and what I saw in front of me made my heart drop.

There stood a smirking Levi, barely three inches away from me. He was looking at my face with an amused expression on his own. My breath got caught in my throat, and my eyes widened. Surprise coursed through my body. I stared at him in shock. Levi? Levi was back?!

He cleared his throat, and said, "Nice to see you too, sweetheart. I thought I would get at least one "I missed you", but it looks like I was wrong."

The breath that I had been holding came out in a shaky gasp. Tears flooded into my eyes. Not being able to say a word, I threw my arms around his neck. Happiness made it's way throughout my body, and joyous tears spilled out of my eyes. I could feel him putting his arms around my waist, and hugging me so tight, my body lifted off of the ground.

I pulled back, looking straight into his eyes, and said, "I missed you, Levi. I missed you so much, it hurt. And... I love you."

I didn't let him keep the surprised expression that he had on for more than a millisecond, and pushed his face closer to mine, attaching my lips to his. The long awaited feeling of sparks dancing down my spine made me feel incredibly happy, and I could feel a joyous tear slipping out of my closed eyes.

At first, Levi's shock (because this was the first time I had ever kissed him) caused him to stay stiff, but soon, he was also moving his lips against mine. I could feel his every emotion flooding into the kiss. His surprise, his love, his joy. It was all right there, in the kiss.

Unfortunately, we had to pull back to catch our breaths. Well, I had to catch my breath. Levi's breathing was heavy but soft, whereas I huffed and puffed like my lungs were on fire, trying to put some oxygen in my body. Levi moved one of his hands to my face, keeping my body up with the other. He tilted my chin up with the other, staring into my eyes.

As his crystal clear eyes met mine, he whispered, "I love you too. I love you so much, it hurts. And I'm never leaving you again, so don't ever come up with any such plan again."

Before I could say another word, his lips were on mine again. As he continuously deepened the kiss, I couldn't help but think about the perfect moment that the two of us were having. Levi was with me. I was with him. The two of us were together, and everything was perfect.

The love that we shared for each other was perfect.

Done! Ahh, my babies meet again! *wipes away a happy tear* What are you guys feeling? let me know in the comments! Also, make sure to vote and share! Lot's of love! Peace out!