Chapter 15

Carnations:"I miss you"
❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
Trigger Warning: A very lightly described r*pe scene takes place between the following signs:

Zoe's POV

I walked through the bleak town, trying to get back to my house from school. Once again, I found myself reflecting on my life. Alyssa, my sister, was still ignorant to the fact that I existed. I spent day after day trying to ignore the huge hole in my life, caused by the absence of my family. But I didn't blame them. I mean, who would blame their parents for dying?

The heat of the summer was smoldering, and I had a hard time not walking into the nearest convenience store to feel the cool air of the blessing that is called an air conditioner on my face. The sun was high in the sky, and the heat made me feel as if the rays were targeting me, trying to make me feel as hot as possible. Just like Alyssa. Alyssa still blamed me for Mom and Dad, and at some point, I myself agreed with her.

But when I broke out of the self hatred that I had, I expected Alyssa to also let go of the hatred that she had for me, and become the caring and goofy older sister that I once knew. I guess grief makes people see sides of others that they never expected to see.

The sister that I loved three years ago was no more, and although I had gotten over the fact that Mom and Dad were dead, she never did. Her constant hatred for me made me give up, and I decided to ignore the ongoing problems in my life, and focus on saving up to get out of the house.

I would never stop missing our parents, and that was something I was certain of. But I was sure that they wouldn't want the two of us hung up on their death. Unfortunately, in Alyssa's eyes, my attempt at building the two of us a future was deemed as "selfish", "uncaring", and "downright horrible".

I had originally planned to get the two of us out of that house so that we could move on, but Alyssa clearly didn't want to, no matter how much I tried to convince her. In her opinion, the only person who she could ever live with was her boyfriend, Riley.

I never trusted Riley. The way that he constantly eyed me made my skin crawl, and when I warned Alyssa about his clearly disloyal ways, she lashed out on me. So, I was living in silence.

I continued to walk down the street, shouldering my bag. Once I reached the once beautiful house that I was supposed to call my home, I took out my key, unlocking the door and letting myself in. And as soon as I did, I could sense that something was wrong.

Suddenly, I was grabbed by the shoulder and pushed up the stairs. My heart started pounding loudly in my chest, and I quickly looked back, seeing Riley's sinister smile. I started struggling, desperately trying to get out of his hold, but to no avail, and soon enough, I could hear my loud screams echoing through the walls. I looked to my right to see a drunk Alyssa sprawled out on the couch.

When I tried to scream out and tell her that Riley was going to do something, all she said was, "You deserve it you little b*tch!"

As Riley pushed me into the room and onto the bed, I instantly got up again, trying to open the window to scream for help. But there was no one around, and Riley had grabbed me before I could say anything. I knew what he was going to do. He was going to r*pe me. He definitely was. As he fulfilled his desire, I constantly struggled, screaming from the pain and the knowledge that one of the few possessions that I still had with me was being taken away. And that night, I broke.

(AN/ Zoe gets r*ped, and although she struggles a lot, Riley gets what he wants. She's also sad that one of the few things that she still has, her virginity, is taken away. )

One by one, I stuffed my bag with all the money that I had saved, a few clothes and every other necessary item that I would need. I decided to run away the next night. The next morning, Riley apologized, and said that it was his Intermittent Explosive Disorder acting up. I still didn't forgive him. Both because that was no excuse for what he did to me, and because I could clearly see the lust in his eyes as he looked at me.

When I tried to tell Alyssa what happened, she deemed me a slut, and said that I was nothing but a lying, ugly and useless piece of crap. That was when it hit me. The Alyssa that I knew was truly gone, and she would never be the same again.

She was so set on believing that Riley was the "Prince Charming" that would save her from her troubles, she didn't even see the only blood-related person right in front of her, ready to support her through thick and thin.

I was left in the dust. The sister who didn't go crazy. The sister who was shunned by her blood for trying to think further into the future. Alyssa lost any value that was left for her in my heart, but that didn't stop me from being sad over the fact that she was too blinded by her affair to realize exactly what she was doing. I knew that she would regret it later on, but my mind was set.

The night that I ran away was a beautiful, clear summer night, almost as if nature was welcoming me to the new beginning that I was to have. For the first time in years, I felt happy. My soul was at peace, despite the horrible experience that I went through, and the knowledge that I would forever be broken.

And I distinctly remember looking up at the sky, thinking about Mom and Dad, and saying, "I miss you."

I wasn't supposed to update today, but I did anyway! XD As long as I don't miss any days that I'm supposed to update on, it's fine, right? Anyway, thank you so much for reading! Make sure to leave your thoughts as a comment, and press that little star icon if you liked the chapter! Love you guys! Peace out!