Chapter 30

Striped Carnation:Refusal
                                                         ❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
TW:  An I.E.D attack takes place between the following signs:

Zoe's POV

Unfortunately, it didn't look like Levi was going to understand anytime soon. After sobbing for hours, I fell asleep on the couch, my body too exhausted and achy to haul itself to my bed. It seemed that Levi hadn't slept at all, because when I saw him in the morning, he had dark bags under his eyes, and he was moving around the kitchen sluggishly, making breakfast. I sighed, knowing that he didn't sleep because he didn't have the couch. Stupid, stupid, stupid me! I should've gotten up.

I walked closer to him, and gently said, "Good morning. How are you?" 

I wanted to see if he was talking to me. Just like I had suspected, he handed me a plate of pancakes, grabbed his own, and made his way to the couch, not saying a word. So he was giving me the silent treatment. But I wasn't frustrated. Not one bit. I wanted him to understand, and lashing out on him, which was completely unlike me, wouldn't help at all.

I quickly ate breakfast, and made my way to the room, getting ready to go to the shop. Seeing myself in the mirror was a complete shock. I looked horrendous. My eyes were red, my cheeks flushed pink and my hair was a mess. I quickly hopped in the shower, sighing at the relaxing feeling of the hot water hitting my back. 

Was Levi ever going to accept what I was saying? His refusal was something that I was scared of. When he did leave, and if he still wasn't talking to me, our relationship would surely crumble. The one thing that I was breaking my heart to make strong was going to be taken away from me. But I couldn't do anything about it.

Quickly saying goodbye to him, to which I got no reply, I made my way out of the building, heading towards the flower shop. The drive was short, but refreshing, like always. I was able to collect my thoughts, and get ready for the day, opening the window to get fresh bursts of air every time the car would speed up. Within ten minutes, I was inside the shop, happy to start making bouquets again.

Although I had a lot of fun making the bouquets, and fulfilling the requests of the customers, I couldn't get my mind off of Levi. He had weaseled his way so deeply into my heart, it was hard to not think about him all the time. The constant complications and drama that we went through didn't really help. I wanted the two of us to be happy. Was that really too much to ask for?

I was soon rushing home, wanting to get there before the sun set. I had worked for longer that day, not wanting to go home, and face the extremely tense and horribly painful atmosphere in the apartment. However, I couldn't have slept in the shop, and I soon found myself opening the apartment. 

Unfortunately, walking inside was not something that went very well. As soon as I stepped foot inside the place that I called home, I could feel the anger in the air. My eyes widened, and again, I felt fear coursing through my body, making my thoughts hazy. But I managed to recollect myself, and formulated a plan in my head. As I rounded the corner that lead to the living room, I saw an infuriated Levi staring at me.

᯾In a loud voice, he shouted, "Why would you leave me?! Can't you see that we need each other? Can't you see that we're meant to stay together?! How am I supposed to make you understand that we can't leave each other? We can't. Not after you're the best thing that's happened to me in the past many years. I can't let you go. It would be suicide." 

My heart broke. Tears were running down my face, and I stood there, listening to his shouting, and not saying anything. Although things were going according to plan, I couldn't help but continuously cry, trying to remain as quiet as possible. Like he had done the first time he had an attack in front of me, Levi pushed me against the wall, staring into my eyes. I looked down.

In a slightly more calm voice, he said, "Zoe, you're the one person who's managed to hold onto me, and make me less of the monster that I am. Therapy won't help me. And even if it does, I know that it'll be even more helpful if you're with me. And I want to help you too. I can't let you suffer alone. Not after everything that you've been through. Please come with me Zoe. Please. I beg you." He went down on his knees, his eyes not showing anger, but only seeming pleading. My sobs rang out in the room, and only then did Levi seem to come to his senses.᯾

(AN: Levi lashed out on Zoe, telling her how much he needed her, and wanted to help her. He even got on his knees. But soon, the attack wore off.)

His eyes cleared, and he looked up at me, saying, "Zoe, I... I'm so sorry! God, I can't believe I did it again. I-" 

I cut him off, handing him the phone, and playing the recording of everything he had said to me. All of my sobbing, the sound of him walking closer to me, my deep breathing and the sound of him pushing me against the wall could be heard. 

He looked at the phone in shock, and his eyes looked up at my face, expressing how sorry he was. But I didn't want an apology. Instead, I wanted him to understand what I meant by everything that I had said the day before.

"You see Levi? I wasn't the cure to your problem, and you're not the cure for mine. Our story is much more complicated than that. I was holding your pieces together, and you were holding mine. We never put the entire piece together again, and we never will. And that's exactly why I think that what I have in mind will be better for the both of us.", I said in a soft whisper.

Before he could do anything else, I walked towards my room, shutting the door.

Doneee! I was supposed to write two chapters today, but I might not be able to, due to some personal reasons. I'm sorry. But I'll try my best to give you guys two chapters tomorrow, so stay tuned for that! Make sure to comment, vote and share! Let me know if you liked it! Love you guys! Peace out!