Chapter 10

Blue Rose:Attaining The Impossible
                                                ❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
Zoe's POV

As I shoved myself away from Levi, all I wanted to do was bury myself in a hole and never come out again. That, and slap the jerk for giving me the biggest scare of my life. But seriously, what was he doing there?

 I quickly backed away from him, fixed my hat, and looked at him with a glare plastered across my face. Or at least I thought it was a glare, but he just smiled at me brightly. What the hell? Did he quit being crazy, and become a psycho instead? Who in the name of all that is holy smiles at a person who they technically just kicked out from their life a day ago when they first encounter them?

My mouth was threatening to drop open from surprise. I could clearly see the carefree and happy face that he had on, but I didn't know what was going through his mind at that moment. And before I knew what was happening, he had grabbed my my arm and was dragging me outside. I quickly grabbed my phone, and put Harley on speed dial, just in case something happened. I could see him looking at my phone and rolling his eyes. 

Suddenly, his phone beeped loudly, and he looked at it with wide eyes. What he did next blew my mind: He took off his hoodie, quickly put his sunglasses on my face, and wrapped me up in the black garment that was covered in his masculine scent. Holy sh*t! Was he kidnapping me? 

As if he knew exactly what I was thinking, he said, "Listen, I know this is an extremely weird situation, especially after what happened the other day, but you need to cooperate. I swear to god, I am not kidnapping you. In fact, I'm saving your life right now. So please, just come with me, and don't even speak, okay? I'll explain everything when we reach our destination."

I looked straight into his eyes, and saw nothing but panic, hurry and concern dancing through them. And before I knew what the exact situation was, I felt myself nodding like I was a doofus with amnesia, because I had clearly forgotten the events that had taken place three days ago. 

His hoodie was wrapped around me, and as soon as I heard a loud ruckus, his arms were shielding me, one hugging me from behind, and one keeping me close to his chest. I peeked through the huge hat and sunglasses that I had on, making sure to keep my head down, just to see a bunch of paparazzi with cameras following the two of us to wherever Levi was taking me.

How the f*ck did they even get there? I was basically forced to walk like a person who had to pee really bad because of the crowd jostling us. I could feel Levi's arm moving people aside, and shielding me from the shocking amount of people who had gathered around. Soon, we were in front of his car. He opened the door, picked me up like a sack of potatoes, and put me down in the backseat. Getting in after me, he quickly closed the door, and proceeded to sit on my lap.

I could feel my legs getting squished under the weight of Levi, but before I could say anything, he signaled a person in the driver seat, who definitely didn't look like a chauffeur, to drive. I could hear the paparazzi following the car, but they probably couldn't see anything inside because of the tinted windows. Levi's friend, or at least that's what I assumed he was, rushed off like a ballistic drunk man, and only then did Levi notice my squeezed self.

He got off of me quickly, and without saying a word to me, he reached out towards the handsome looking man who was driving us, and slapped his back, saying,"That was awesome, man! Thank you so much for saving my a*s out there."

The man just chuckled, and out of nowhere, he produced a hamburger, taking a huge bite. What the heck? Where the hell did he get that from? It seemed that Levi had remembered that I did not know the man, and introduced him to me.

"Oh, uh... Zoe, this is my best friend, Jacob Hendrix. He is a football player in the NFL, and we've been best buds since who knows how long."

Jacob smiled at me, and said, "Nice to meet you Zoe! I've heard a lot about you. Nice things, of course. A little too nice in my opinion."

Levi coughed loudly, clearly trying to get out of the embarrassing situation that he was put into. 

I ignored the newly discovered asthma that Levi had developed, and smiled brightly, before saying, "Nice to meet you too, Jacob. Unfortunately, I haven't heard a lot about you. But, I'm sure we will get to know each other better during the course of... whatever is happening right now."

Jacob smiled even more widely at that, and said, "You're super cute. But just be warned, if you're friends with me, you'll get a whole lot of  hilarious comments, food, my continuous cooing at your cuteness and more food. Because food is my life."

I smiled at him. I was still slightly skeptical about him, because I obviously didn't know him that well. As I looked at Levi, I could see his sad eyes. I instantly felt horrible. He had been seen, and he had to reveal himself to the world because of me. 

I felt myself forgiving him by at least fifty percent, just because of his extremely selfless and nice act. I turned my head to look out of the window myself, knowing that he would explain everything to me once we got to wherever we were going. I decided to try and keep myself calm. After all, I was in a car with my crush who was also my previous friend.

I was alone with him and his best friend. Both of whom were muscular, and could easily take me down. Oh dear lord, what had I gotten myself into?

Done! Well, thank you so much for reading everyone. How was it? Did you like it? If you did, would you consider clicking on that little star icon? Anywho, love you guys! Peace out!