Chapter 26

Poppy:Consolation
                                                              ❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
Zoe's POV

His eyes widened, and he almost collapsed on top of me, his arms bending from shock. He searched my eyes, looking into them as if looking for the truth. He instantly got off of me, and my heart broke. So he was leaving me, just like I thought he would. But to my surprise, he picked me up, and pushed me into his chest, hugging me tightly.

"Oh my god, Zoe, that is horrible! You're so strong for being able to go through that, love. I'm so lucky to have such a strong girlfriend.", he said, his voice calm, but clearly portraying surprise. 

He was obviously consoling me. But not just a lighthearted consolation which didn't mean anything. I could tell that he was being sincere, and the feeling that I got from his words made me feel a little less miserable. As if he had taken a part of the weight that I carried on my shoulders, and had taken it under his own.

I opened up to him, telling him about my life before I had ran away bit by bit, holding my breath every time a new piece of information reached his ears. But he was supporting throughout the talk, and kept encouraging me to keep going, patting my back, and keeping me against his chest. 

I felt myself pouring my heart out to him. Starting from the beginning of my tragic past, all the way to the night I had run away, sobbing at the details. He kept holding me, but I could feel his jaw tensing from anger. However, every time that I thought he would burst out in fury, I squeezed his hand, reminding him that I wasn't going to be able to console him.

Once I had finished, he kissed my ear, and whispered, "You are the most beautiful, brave, cute and strong person I've ever met. You don't know how damn proud of you I am for being able to make it so far. But just know, if that Riley guy doesn't end up in jail with a broken body, I'll be right here. I will be even if he does. You're safe with me, because I will never hurt you, and will kill anyone who does. You're the reason that I smile, sweetheart, and I plan on returning all the smiles that you have gifted me." His voice was soft, and his breath was cold, chilling my ear.

The amount of consolation that I got from his words was truly incredible. The same sense of safety and love that I had been craving for the past years was all given to me by Levi. All in one small talk. He quickly put me down on the bed again, took his shirt off, and got in with me, holding my body on top of his. 

My head was resting on his chest, but he quickly moved it up so that it was buried in his neck. His head moved to the side, and he pressed kisses to my cheeks. This time, I was too physically and mentally exhausted to blush.

"Goodnight, sweetheart", he whispered in my ear, and I lowly murmured the words back to him, my eyes already closing.

 I heard his light chuckle, before he wound both of his arms tighter around my back, holding me against him, and moved mine around his torso. Once again, I could feel his warm lips against my cheek. As his body soon relaxed, I could tell that he was asleep. But for some reason, I was wide awake. Thoughts were rushing through my mind, and I recalled all the events of the night.

It was hard to believe that the two of us had confessed everything to each other in the past twenty four hours. The entire day felt like it wasn't a mere twenty four hours, but an eternity. The two of us had gotten past the barriers that were clearly separating us, and were now able to understand each other better. 

Unlike what I had thought, I didn't feel as if I was carrying a bigger weight. Rather, I felt as if it had been taken away from me. As if I had moved on. Obviously not from everything, but from a few small details.

Although the little things that I had gotten past might have not seemed like much, the entire experience was a huge emotional relief for me. It was the first step up the ladder, and just being able to set a path for myself by taking that one step was what I was proud of. I felt like celebrating. 

I wanted to hang onto Levi, Harley and Jacob, and take them up to the stars, along with me. Because that was exactly what I felt like. Like I was twinkling amongst the stars.I knew that I was a teeny tiny star, barely visible in the sky, but if I managed to leave everything behind, I would soon shine brightly. 

I had to accept it. Not exactly get over it, because that was definitely impossible, but I had to accept the fact that I was a r*ped girl with dead parents, and a sister who had betrayed me, and move on with my life. Levi was added to the list of people who I wanted to survive for. Harley and Jacob were also on there.

Levi and I could help each other. I could help him make amends with his mother, and he could help me move on from the past. The two of us were the perfect match. We were going to be able to help each other, more than any other person could help us. Obviously, we would need help, but as long as we had each other, I knew that we would be okay. We would be able to become happy, and live a peaceful life. After all, the unforeseen facades that we had once put on were no more.

Doneeee! This chapter was definitely a less dramatic one. But you people know the drill: Peaceful for a second, and total rollercoaster the next. XD Anyway, stay tuned for the next chapters, and make sure to comment, vote and share. Love you guys! Peace out!