Chapter 22

Chrysanthemum:Truth
                                                           ❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
Zoe's POV

I woke up, feeling warm arms around me, and instantly realized that Levi was cuddling me. A smile formed across my lips, and I looked up, seeing him open his eyes and stare down at me. Before I could say anything, he tightened his arms around me, pulling me even closer to him. My face pressed against his chest, and for a second, I stayed there. 

But when it got hard to breathe, I leaned my head back, and said, "Good morning!"

He smiled back, and in a deep and husky voice, he said, "Good morning. You sleep a lot, by the way. I've been up for the past half an hour, but I didn't want to wake your cute little self up."

I looked down, blushing. He was always flirting with me, throwing compliments out here and there. And my unlimited blush always stained my cheeks. As I tried to get out of bed, he shook his head, burying it in my shoulder. So I stayed with him, continuing to let him cuddle me, and shyly putting my own arms lightly around his waist. 

Suddenly, he pushed his head away from my neck, instead, leaning down to meet my lips. Oh no he didn't! My morning breath definitely didn't allow me to kiss him. But before I could dodge his lips, someone burst into my room, screaming at the top of their lungs.

"Helloooo- oh wait, what the heck is happening here?"

My eyes widened, and embarrassment took over me. Harley was in the room! And she was seeing me in bed with Levi! My head jerked up, seeing that Jacob was also there. Both of the demons stood at the edge of the bed, smirking at us. I was mortified, but Levi seemed completely at ease. 

Harley cleared her throat, and said,"So, are you two finally together?"

At that, I pushed Levi's arms off of me, trying to get out of bed, and run to the bathroom. 

Unfortunately, Levi grabbed my waist before I could. He sat up, bringing me towards him, put me on his lap, and said, "We sure are!"

Both Jacob and Harley whooped, Jacob jumping into Harley's arms. Okay, what the hell? But I was too busy hiding my face out of sheer embarrassment to judge them. As I peeked at the two through my fingers, I saw Harley groaning as she put Jacob down. How the heck did that even happen? Anyway, Harley and Jacob continued to cheer and act like a bunch of crazy monkeys. Suddenly, Jacob's eyes lit up. 

"We need to go to the day-club to celebrate!", he excitedly yelled.

Oh no... Please, I didn't want to go to any clubs. All of that sweating and crowd... no. But of course, nothing ever went the way I wanted it to. All three of the monkeys ran to their respective "changing rooms", and came back out in a rush, dressed in their clubbing outfits. Seriously? I groaned. 

The three smirked at me, knowing that I had to go with them no matter what. Quickly getting in the bathroom, I took a quick shower, not getting my hair wet, and dressed myself in some shorts and a long sleeved top. We were going to the day club after all.

All of us piled into Jacob's car, Levi calling the club and reserving it for us. I tried not to let my jaw drop down to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, but holy hell did Levi have a lot of money to spare! Before I knew it, the four of us were running into the day club, trying to not get recognized by people. 

Jacob and Harley ordered some drinks right away, already dancing away to "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake. As the three of them danced and drank, I sat at the side, smiling at the goofy clowns. Drinking was definitely not something that I usually did, because I would always pass out after one shot.

Judging by the constant shots of vodka that Jacob and Levi took, seemingly unaffected by them, I guessed that they definitely weren't as much of a lightweight as I was. Harley was always a beast in the club, always having to drink at least an entire bottle before she was even close to passing out. Other than my hatred for drinking, I was the designated driver. Mostly because I wasn't drinking, but I also liked to think that my awesome driving skills had something to do with me being chosen. 

As I watched them dance, I couldn't help but look out at the dazzling beach too. The golden sand and crystal clear water was tempting me to go down there, and feel the soft sand between my toes. But I stayed, enjoying the beautiful view from inside.

 As an hour passed, the three of them were undoubtedly drunk. Harley and Jacob were in a corner, talking to some empty bottles of alcohol and laughing at themselves, while Levi was beside me on the counter. But unlike what I had expected, he didn't seem to be having a lot of fun. His elbows were on the table, his arms supporting his forehead, and I could clearly see the worried expression on his face. 

So I put my hand on his back, saying, "What's wrong Levi? Are you okay?"

He looked up at me, a smile instantly painting his face. But although it looked genuine enough, I could see the sadness behind it. One that I had clearly failed to notice before. He sighed deeply, taking his arms away from underneath his head, and taking my hands in his. 

He looked straight into my eyes, and said, "It's time to tell you."

I already knew where this was going. Unlike what I was feeling the night before, I wanted to push the topic away. It was clearly extremely difficult for Levi to talk about, and I didn't want him to be sad. But I didn't say anything, fearing that he wasn't going to tell me later on. 

However, I didn't want to know because I was curious. I wanted to know so that I could help him. He was clearly broken, and I wanted to do nothing but put his broken pieces back together. His eyes closed for a millisecond, opening again, and looking even more clear than before.

"It's time to tell you the truth."

Uh... haha. Yup, another cliffhanger. You people should've gotten used to it by now. Anywho, hope you liked the chapter. Make sure to comment, vote and share. Thank you so much for reading! Love you guys! Peace out!