Chapter 11: Albert

-Dylan's POV-

"I know her father . Well kind of... Her father is a very important lawyer," Albert explained also grabbing a seat by the window with the sun reflecting off his squared glasses.

"Really, we never really talked about her family," I said with a hint of sheepishness because I didn't really know that much about her when you thought about it.

"Well she moved here after he remarried. Me and him stopped talking after. I told him there were apartments available," He added. I wondered why he would just welcome me into his house and tell me all this stuff about her personal life when he didn't really know me at all; I could be anyone.

"Soo she moved after he remarried?" I asked trying to make sense of it all.

"She only ever had her friends over or you know the guy," For some reason he did not want to say this guys name which just made me more curious.

"What guy? All types of questions came into my head; was she seeing someone else? Is that why she did not want to get to know me? Or email me back?

"Trust me when I say this. The boy isn't worth mentioning ever again," Albert said kind of with a warning in his tone. He leaned over and patted me on the back.

"Okay I guess," I could see he wanted to change the subject and it's the least I could have done so I just let the matter drop.

"Now tell me what if she did open the door. What were you going to say to her?" Albert had a good point because I wasn't sure at all.

"Umm..." I trailed off. As the apartment grew quiet, I began thinking.

"You have no idea, do you boy?" For an older man he was smart.

"Not at all. I mean I guess I would start by asking her on a date," To be honest, I probably wound not do that because I don't have the guts for that.

"Not bad but how? How would you ask? Then what if she said no!" He began asking lots of questions to me putting me under pressure.

"I would ask like..." Quickly I changed my tone of voice and then carried on talking, "Hey Aria! I am sorry to turn up like thus but I have to ask you som-,"

The neighbour began to fake snore, "Boring" I would have said no so faster than you could even finish your sentence!"

-Aria's POV-

"So I have an idea or a deal," Addi declared jumping of the counter which startled me slightly.

"What? What kind of deal?" To be honest, I was kind of daydreaming so I didn't hear what she said accept for 'deal'.

"You go on the show or talk to your dad," She simply stated knowing which I would pick.

"Fine. I'll go on the show!" I sighed while crossing my arms.

"Yay! This is going to be amazing!" Suddenly, she began jumping up and down out of happiness. I didn't even know why she was happy- I was the one going on the show not her.

Soon, Addison and me jumped into her car and drove back over to my apartment building. I walked inside as she drove off- the smell of fuel filled my nostrils.

-Dylan's POV-

"Okay. What would you do?" I did not really have any idea on what I was doing so I needed advice ASAP.

"What would I do?" Albert copied my question to make sure that's what I said.

"Yes! What would you do?" Quickly, I ran my hand through my brown hair.

"Well... When I was young I met a girl and I wanted to be a gentleman so I got her flowers- A whole bouquet of her favourites," He explained in detail with a smile on his face like he could imagine what he was saying.

"Okay you got flowers for this girl. Did she like them?" My elbow naturally rested on the arm of the chair.

"I think so.... Since I married five years later. We spent 56 years together. I think flowers work!" Triumphantly, he exclaimed with a glint of happiness in his eyes.

"Wow 56 years. I'll be lucky if I get 5 minutes. What else?" I scoffed at the five minutes part.

"Well you need to give her an offer she can't refuse," He commanded shaking his finger.

"Like what?"

"I took my girl to a drive in movie. Then for milkshakes,"

"I like that I should do that." For the first time, I grinned.

"Don't forget the flowers!" He smiled back with a warm and homely feel to it.

"I won't. Thankyou! So you want umm... an autograph for your granddaughter?" I bet she would feel so jealous that her grandad got to see me ad she did not.

"That would be great!" Grabbing a piece of paper from the table to him right and a pen from his pocket, he handed it to me. Clicking the pen so the ink would come out, I signed it and then took a photo with Albert.

"Thanks for everything. I couldn't have done it without you!" I exclaimed.

Albert walked over to his door as I followed. "You will do great just remember what I told you boy!"

-Aria's POV-

I walked up to the stairs until I reached my door. Then I looked through my bag trying to find my keys. All of a sudden, I saw my neighbour come out apartment and saw me at mine.

As I grabbed my keys and unlocked the door I said ,"Hey Al!" For some reason, I always called him that instead of his full name; now it's just an old habit.

"Hi darling. Great seeing you!" He replied with the usual genuine grin.

"You too," I looked behind him and saw Dylan come out of his room with a smile on his face just like Al's.

"Thanks again Albert. I'll see you soon," They shook hands like an pals would, I didn't even know they knew each other so it came as a shock when he walked out.

"Okay and Aria your friend here is very nice here," He gestured towards him with his old, wrinkled hands.

"My friend?" I asked with a slight frown appearing.

"Dylan of course!" Al said as it was the easiest thing in the world ,"Also can you make some more of those brownies? I love those things!"

"You make brownies?" Dylan interrupted looking at me with a smirk.

"Yes and the best ones too. Will you make more?" My neighbour answered for me which I was grateful for for some reason even though he didn't know it.

"Anything for you," I said while waving as I opened my door.

"Bye Albert!" The younger man also copied my actions and then began to walk over to me.

He shut his door. Simultaneously, I walked into mine.

"Hey Torres, where are you going?" Dylan questioned.

"Into my house! Since you are stalking me and my neighbours," I laughed, also Torres?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Another chapter done! Do you want to know what happens to Tyler P and Addison? Have a great rest of the day x