Chapter 13: Dinner

-Aria's POV-

"Now what am I going to wear?" I asked myself out loud. Instead of stressing over it, I jumped into the shower. The warm water trickled down my body as I grabbed the shampoo which was on the side of the shower shelf and began massarging it into my hair.

After around 15 minutes, I wrapped a towel around me and one around my hair and went into my bedroom. Taking my time, I walked over to my closet and began digging through my clothes trying to find the perfect outfit.

I sighed out of annoyance ,"I have nothing!"  My arms went on my hips as I thought about all the clothes I had- trying to picture each thing on me.

A while later, I finally found something.  It was a short, black with cherries dress with a v neck. 

Rushing around, I put on light makeup and slipped on some black wedges

I began doing some dishes in my sink until Dylan arrived

-Dylan's POV-

"Okay Dylan you got this!" I mumbled to myself as I walked to Aria's apartment building, "Everything is gonna be fine!" 

I took a deep breath and walked up the building stairs and stood right outside her door. Quickly I fixed up my white, button up shirt. Taking my time, I pulled my phone of my back pocket. It read 7:53 so I knocked.

-Aria's POV-

I walked over to my door and slowly opened it. As soon as I did, I saw Dylan holding a bouquet of red roses. 

"I didn't know your favourites so I got these for you," He handed me the flowers.

"There perfect! Thank you," I exclaimed happily while a smile grew on my face. Taking the flowers, I walked back into my apartment and headed straight into the kitchen. I looked over my shoulder and saw Dylan standing outside, "You can come in. You know?"

"Right," He chuckled and walked inside.

I grabbed a vase out of my cupboard and cut the ends of the roses. Then I poured some water into the vase and delicately placed the flowers in it.

"You ready?" I asked smiling.

"Yeah, I am so ready," He answered happily.

I walked past him and out the door. Dylan strolled out with a smile and I turned and locked the door. We both grinned at each other as we exited the building.

"So you look nice," He broke the silence and began playing with his hands.

"Are you nervous? You seem nervous," I laughed at him.

"What no... I don't get nervous," He answered quickly.

I brushed my and next to his and slowly moved my fingers until our hands were touching. Dylan looked at me and then at my hand. However I stayed looking forward because I could tell he was looking at me.

"Nervous yet?" I questioned and looked at him.

He smirked.

"You know to go to a drive in movie, you have to actually drive?" I said with a curious tone.

"I know," He stated- probably getting annoyed with the questions.

"So where's the car?" I furrowed my eyebrows confused.

"Yeah, but first we walk to dinner," Dylan replied kind of quietly scared for my reaction.

"I thought we were just doing movies and milkshakes?" I recalled. He definitely said that. Nothing about dinner.

"Let's just say I wanted to spend more time with you!" He exclaimed and smiled.

We carried on walking a few more blocks until we got to the door of the restaurant. The waitress quickly came over and sat us down after asking Dylan for a picture.

"I take that happens a lot?" I queried on about when the woman asked for a picture.

"What?" He replied not knowing what I was on about.

"Pictures?" I reminding him.

"Oh yeah! All the time I love all my fans though so," He said smiling at the thought of them.

"I got invited to the tonight show with Jimmy Fallon," I added changing the subject.

"Omg, that's amazing," He exclaimed happily for me.

"Is it?" I asked looking down. What if they ask questions I don't want to answer? Or if I don't know how to?

"What do you mean? He frowned, I guessed that that would be his reaction because he was a celebrity and they are used to things like that, but me... No.

I mean if I do this. My whole life is going to change like paparazzi is already getting on my nerves. After this won't it just be worst?" I explained.

"I mean it won't get easier." He agreed. It was a good thing to talk do him about it because he knew what it was like to have all the fame.

An awkward silence was around us for a moment.

"Why don't you umm.. well... Why don't you talk about your dad or your ex?" He blurted out not knowing what else to say.

"Who told you I have an ex? Plus, why do you want to know about my dad?"

"Albert told me a little about your dad and he mentioned an ex," Dylan said in defence.

The waitress came over and broke the uncomfortableness by us ordering.

"I'm sorry, you don't have to-," He went to say but I broke him off.

"My dad is a lawyer. He worked a lot when I was a kid so I didn't see him much," I took a deep breath.

"You don't have-,"

"Let me finish," I interrupted again, "My parents divorced so he remarried and I moved out. Um, I don't like the new girl and we stopped talking," I explained.

We both stared at each other in silent but not a awkward bad silent, it was almost in an... Understanding way.

"Wow so you don't like talk to him?" Dylan asked digesting everything I told him.

"Nope,"

A few minutes later, the food came out.

"What about the ex?" Dylan wondered.

___________________________________

Oof Dylan does not stop asking questions does he? Thx for reading 📖 I rlly appreciate it 🌼✨