Chapter 12: Not a date

-Aria's POV-

"My new nickname for you, I know Albert!" Dylan exclaimed happily.

(Torres is Aria's last name if u didn't remember. It was Madelyn but I changed it if ur wondering what happened to that)  

"Yeah! How long have you known him?" I questioned. What if he knew him longer than I have?!

"We go way back!" He answered trying to hold in a laugh so I raised my eyebrows ," Okay fine I'm lying but I met him here because I was banging on your door,"

"What? That could get me a noise complaint!" 

"I'm sure you'd be fine," Dylan rolled his eyes playfully.

Why are you here?" I asked not trying to sound rude.

"Well.. I- umm I-..." He trailed off stuttering.

"I don't have all day Dylan," I sighed, I had more important things to be doing then standing around.

"Do you want to to hang out with me  later? He replied quickly scratching his brown hair.

"Are you asking me out? Like on a date?"

"Yeah I am," Dylan said more slower with a smirk coming on his face, "So umm.."

Nope! I don't do dates!" I find it kind of awkward and I get uncomfortable.

"Okay. Well how about just two people hanging out together?"

"Depends... What do you in mind?" I quizzed him.

"Well a drive in movie with popcorn and candy. Then after milkshakes," He explained

"That was what Al's first date with his wife?" I remember him telling me about him and his wife and how they first met.

"Yep! And now are first date," Dylan exclaimed excitedly.

"I thought you said not date!"

"Right sorry. Not a date!"

"Fine ill hang out with you," I said giving in.

"Yes! Okay, see you at 8pm," It was like he had already planned the time and he knew I was going to say yes because he didn't even hesitate to say when.

"But nothing special. No limos or body guards," God knows what Dylan would do l mean he is a celebrity.

"Deal!" He replied rapidly without thinking.

"And I want to watch 21 Jump Street!" I added- One of my favourite movies.

"Okay no limos, no bodyguards and the movie must be 21 Jump Street," He marked of each thing on his fingers trying to remember it all.

"Sounds about right," I nodded.

"For it not being a date you are making a lot requests,"

I smiled softly, "I'll see you at 8,"

"See you at 8!"

I walked into my apartment and saw Dylan outside my door grinning ear to ear doing a celebration dance from the little key holes.

A smile grew slowly in my face and I couldn't help it be happy. Then I noticed.

"Am I smiling? I'm smiling!" I said to myself laughing.

I grabbed my phone out of my bag and dialled Addison's number straight away.

"Come on pick up," I moaned while I lay on my bed.

"Hello?" She asked.

Quickly I sat up, "Guess what! Guess what!" I got really excited like a little girl opening her Christmas presents of Santa.

"What? Tell me," Addison replied confused.

"After you dropped me off, Albert the guy who lives next to me and knows my dad and who I make brownies for-,"

"Okay get on with it," She chuckled at me getting side tracked.

"Dylan was there," I sighed still smiling like a maniac.

"At Albert's?" Addi questioned.

"Yes! And he saw me and asked me to hang out,"

"O. M. G!" Is all she replied with speechless.

"And guess what we are doing?"

"What?" She asked eager to know more.

"Remember Albert's first date with his wife?" I did tell her before so she should have known what I was going on about.

"Yeah. The really cute story with the milkshakes?" My best friend recalled.

"Yes, We are doing that!" I exclaimed happily.

"This is so a date Aria, omg!" I'm my head I could have just imagined her fan Girling.

"It's not but he wanted it to be..." I trailed off.

"Knowing you you said no,"  She knew me too well.

"Yeah but at least we are spending time together right? I mean I almost said no to everything,"

"But you wouldn't off,"

"What do you mean? Sure I would've," I disagreed frowning not knowing what she was on about.

"Nope because..." Addi went off not saying what she wanted to.

"What is she on about?" I asked myself In my head so she couldn't hear me.

"You like him," She stated simply like it was the easiest thing in the world.

"No that's insane! I can't - I don't... I don't even know him that well - he,"

"Stop making excuses!" Addison called into the phone speaker.

"I'm not." I said in a quieter tone then her. Then I looked over at my watch, "I got to go Addi to get ready. It's already 6:30,"

"Yep! You have a busy weekend," She took a short pause - probably thinking of all the things I had to do, "Anyways call me after!"

My schedule was getting busy though. Hanging with Dylan, tomorrow going onto the Jimmy Fallon show.

"Okay bye!" And with that I ended the call.

________________________

What do you think is going to happen on there "date". Ugh why can't they just get together already LOL. Please comment and vote if u would like to but remember have a great day/night x