Chapter 3 | Alone

Another charming day has recently begun as the light seeps through the windows to wake Lorelei from her dreamless slumber. She daintily steps onto the creaking wooden floor, then stretches her arms up while her back slightly bends backwards. Her legs slowly led her to the other end of the room where she stored her clothes and other accessories she may decide to wear. After a decent amount of consideration, she chose to wear a peach colored dress that ends below her knee and short sleeves. Lorelei brushes her hair with ease admiring how smoothly the comb caresses her hair, washes her face then examines her accessories. She pairs the simple dress with a sheer white bandana to manage her hair and beige, close-toed flats as her finishing touch.

Finished with all the tasks in her bedroom, she heads towards her kitchen to cook some breakfast to start her day. Plants covered her decorative ledge overflowing to the wooden counters which matched her shelves occupied by earth tone accented dinnerware. While Lorelei prepared her simple eggs with bread meal, she opened the swinging window out to enjoy the sounds of the birds serenading their lovers and the rustling of leaves.

Once the small meal was done, she seated herself on the red oak round table detailed with carved roses and dined at a generous pace. Lori double checked her mental list of the chores and activities so planned to accomplish during the day.

Wash the dishes

Wipe the counters

Water the indoor greenery

Clean the dining table

Sweep and mop the floors

Dust the shelves

Cleanse the bathroom

Clean the bedroom

Wipe the windows

Tend to the nursery

Feed the animals

Considering that she cleans at expert speed and has a small home to begin with, she is left with some free time to do as she pleases. Satisfied with her thought out checklist. Lorelei placed a white apron decorated with ruffles, walked toward the large sink, used plate in hand and began to do her first chore on the agenda. She placed recently washed plates, cups and utensils to the right side of her, waiting to be wiped dry and placed in their designated areas. Subsequently, she returned the last set of dinnerware in its rightful place. Mentally checking off the task. Lore grabbed a damp towel and wiped the counters without missing a speck of dust that may have been there. Inspecting the counters before she considered the task complete.

With a watering can resting on her left hand as she stabilized it with her right. She poured water into the miniature flower pots, the pot itself barely visible by the endless leaves and stems which kept it hidden. After, as she kneeled down til her knees made contact with her breasts, Lorelei placed the watering can down on the floor, gently caressed the leaves and spoke 10 words of affection.

Beauty. Nature. Compassion. Excitement. Dreams. Peace. Art. Love. Books....Family.

Finished with her short lived conversation with the plants, she returned to a standing position holding to the can and continued with her schedule. She sweeped and mopped the squeaky hardwood floors with precision and dusted the shelves meticulously, sorting each aged novel by genre. Also, adding her new additions to her vast collection gifted by Madam Aveen a few days ago. What a chaotic day it was. A day Lorelei never wishes to experience again. A nightmarish ordeal.

Shaking off the resurfaced memories, Lorelei headed to her only bathroom across from her bedroom. It's a small but pleasant room. A pure white iron tub is stationed opposite of the door where a beautiful view of the garden can be seen. A wooden plank accessorizing the tub designed for studying purposes. Paired with a matching sink and a small square mirror above it. An accented rusty green wall adding color to the room.