Chapter 27 | Bliss

A new day had begun. The bedroom windows were opened, allowing the chirps of the bird to be heard. Phillip was enjoying a cold tea, standing in front of the window while waiting for Lorelei to waken. He did not want her to be restless on her special day.

On this brilliantly bright day, Lorelei shall be crowned queen in front of the ton.

With Phillip stuck in his thoughts, Lorelei raised her arms over her head and stretched. Keeping her eyes shut from the blinding sun.

"You are finally awake?"

"No, I'm still asleep." Lorelei replied, turning to her side that faced away from the window while Phillip just smirked.

"Darling, today is your coronation. You should be mentally and physically prepared." He set down his cup, leaned down to Lori and pecked her forehead. "I will be getting ready, I shan't be a moment too long. I love you, my Lavender."

And he left, planning to talk to his father and the advisers of the coronation schedule. With much resistance, Loreli slid out of bed when a knock was sounded at the door. Most likely the ladies in waiting who were assigned to assist in her preparations.

"Your Highness, we are here to get you ready." One of the ladies called.

Lorelei opened the door, "Welcome and please just call me Lorelei when we are alone."

"Of course You- Lorelei..." The head lady in waiting said, slightly blushing.

Without a moment to lose, the ladies guided her to the vanity and worked their magic. Putting her hair in a half up half down style, highlighting her natural waves. They placed a magnificent ruby and gold necklace and matching earring on Lorelei and then finally helped her slide into her dress.

The dress was the definition of elegance. It was a red sweetheart ball gown with gold lace appliques. The chapel train flowed like a bloodied river behind her and demanded respect.

"You look absolutely exquisite, Lorelei..." Miss Linn stated in awe.

"Thank you Linn. Is it time to head to the balcony?" Lorelei inquired.

Miss Linn looked at the bronze pocket watch she always holds with her and checked the time.

"Just about Miss Lorelei, allow us to lead the way." She gestured with her hand for Lorelei to step out of the room.

Lorelei lowered her head to the ladies in acceptance and gratitude. Walking through the hallways while the ladies carried the trail of her dress. Giggling and gossiping in excitement. All the ladies felt comfortable around Lorelei and would tell jokes and gossip here and there.

They all voluntarily became the queen's close companions.

"We have arrived."

Lorelei excused them and allowed them to walk to their places. At the balcony stood King Lawrence and Prince Phillip. Both dressed in the royal colors and looking regal and powerful. They certainly were father and son.

Once she began to walk to the two men, her glistening smile dulled into a look of fear. When she was close enough, she realized that a part of the kingdom would attend to witness her crowning. How could she not have realized this sooner?

Phillip stretched his hand out to guide her to the front, but she couldn't accept it. A surge of anxiety flowed through her veins and chills went down her spine.

Her breath started to accelerate and became erratic. She slowly stepped back and then sprinted out of the room. Leaving a perplexed king and a concerned husband.